• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highland and PW Minor-made footwear thread (no storm pictures)

hachisix

Reaction score
Looks like my mass drop order for the trench boots shipped. Gotta pray it won't be too big...May have ordered half size too large.

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score

Looks like my mass drop order for the trench boots shipped. Gotta pray it won't be too big...May have ordered half size too large.

What sort of socks do you wear normally? Moving to thicker wool socks could make it fit if it's a little large.

fuzzyearlobes

Reaction score
good to see there is some discussion here. I was the OP on Iron Heart forum. Quite frankly, Im baffled at the method of construction. The upper is stitched to the mid sole, as stated by many. However, the fake welt stitching and it being glued down is unacceptable in my opinion. OSB offered to fix them free of charge, but for a $300+ pair of shes, I feel like this is a corner being cut too sharp. I'll read up on this and the OSB thread, but just wanted to jump in and contribute a bit.

Also, while poking around I did find what looked to me like a papery cardboard.

Last edited:

westie187

Reaction score
Seconded.

westie187

Reaction score

Was the official OSB thread deleted?

Just an FYI. On case anyone was still wondering:

I emailed George over at OSB regarding the official affiliate thread, and here is his reply:

quote:

"A big part of the reason why we became officiates was so that we could both support the forum, but most importantly, be able to directly answer questions and speak directly with folks who are interested in/fans of Oak Street Bootmakers. Over the past couple of years however, you surely noticed that we had only posted a handful of times. As a small shop, we quite simply don’t have the bandwidth/personnel to keep up with the thread. When we stopped being an affiliate last month, SF kept the thread active for around 30 days, but per their policy, they deleted it."

"You’ll notice that even before our ‘official affiliate thread’ there was an Oak Street thread - that thread is still up and will continue to be a place to post about Oak Street Bootmakers. Just as other footwear brands have threads (Alden, Red Wing, Rancourt, etc) - none are affiliates, but all have a thread on SF."

misterjuiceman

Reaction score

Just an FYI. On case anyone was still wondering:

I emailed George over at OSB regarding the official affiliate thread, and here is his reply:

quote:

"A big part of the reason why we became officiates was so that we could both support the forum, but most importantly, be able to directly answer questions and speak directly with folks who are interested in/fans of Oak Street Bootmakers. Over the past couple of years however, you surely noticed that we had only posted a handful of times. As a small shop, we quite simply don’t have the bandwidth/personnel to keep up with the thread. When we stopped being an affiliate last month, SF kept the thread active for around 30 days, but per their policy, they deleted it."

"You’ll notice that even before our ‘official affiliate thread’ there was an Oak Street thread - that thread is still up and will continue to be a place to post about Oak Street Bootmakers. Just as other footwear brands have threads (Alden, Red Wing, Rancourt, etc) - none are affiliates, but all have a thread on SF."

Must be a canned response. I actually emailed, too and received the same thing. I don't think George sent mine, though.

Last edited:

MRBACON8ER

Reaction score
can anyone share their thoughts on the OSB trench line material quality specifically the insoles? also if you have pictures please post them

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
If you're interested in the OSB Trench Boot for quality, look elsewhere. OSB is a brand that tries to maximize the amount of the leather they can use, rather than optimizing for quality. This leads to tons of loose-grain creasing and other issues. See here: http://imgur.com/a/ovKrt

By the way, didn't PW Minor just announce that they were closing up shop. Who's making the Trench Boots? Did OSB buy out the factory? Is PW Minor still making boots for other companies, just closing up their own line?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads