• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highest Quality Boxer Shorts for $20?

cpadude

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for some high quality boxer shorts for about $20/per? Every store at the mall and elsewhere seems to sell them and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to tell the quality apart. And as I obviously don't want to try them on (out of fear that someone else already had ;>), I'm looking for recs for some undies that are high quality, last a long time, dont ride up the crack, etc. And preferably are available online since I hate actually going to the store.

Much Thanks

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the BR ones - on sale for < $10.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I really like the BR ones - on sale for < $10.
I had a few BR and Express pairs that wore considerably around the waist after 2 years to the point that the elastic was showing in multiple places, but they are comfortable. I now have several Polo pairs that seem to be of higher quality fabric, I've only had them for 12 months but so far so good.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going on 7 years for the Hanes I have. I have one pair from Structure, which I think is now Express that are still going strong too, nicer fabric than the Hanes. Getting tired of the patterns though. If BR has some on sale for less than $10 I might pick some up.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
believe it or not I have had some merona (target) brand 100% cotton boxers for over 5 years, still going strong. 2 for $10. The material is very good, light but not too light. Also they have that &quot;dump-truck panel&quot; as I like to call it, the seamless 3rd panel in the back. I like them better than gap, CK, etc. I havent tried the BR ones however.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple leftover white Hanes pairs, they are now see thru and the ladies love to hate em.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
CEGO makes fantastic boxer shorts......
the better boxers are made from 100/2 fabric or even better. some are even 140/2
they have a covered waistband with side slits.
$25 each 5/$100
they come in even sizes. 30-40. full cut
Carl

www.cego.com

bobbyd

Reaction score
I have not had anything else from them in my wardrobe in over a decade, but I have to admit my Abercrombie &amp; Fitch boxers, both the boxer-briefs and the patterned boxers have lasted a good long time and are of top quality. I march into their stores once or twice a year to see if the boxers are on sale for under $12 and usually grab a couple of pairs.

cpadude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
CEGO makes fantastic boxer shorts......
the better boxers are made from 100/2 fabric or even better. some are even 140/2
they have a covered waistband with side slits.
$25 each 5/$100
they come in even sizes. 30-40. full cut
Carl

www.cego.com

And how can I (in Chicago) buy some of your fine wares? I don't see an internet storefront on your site...

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo makes good underwear. I've found them nicer than the Zara and BR boxers I also owned, and priced well, as I recall.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpadude
And how can I (in Chicago) buy some of your fine wares? I don't see an internet storefront on your site...

I can vouch for the quality on these. They are great. I picked up about five pairs of the better boxers from Carl a month or so ago and I don't want to wear anything else. The covered waistband is awesome. So much more comfortable.

Re storefront, just call CEGO and they can sort it out with you, I'd think.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I picked up about five pairs of the better boxers from Carl a month or so ago and I don't want to wear anything else.

I'll be sure to avoid your future WAYW thread posts...

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I'll be sure to avoid your future WAYW thread posts...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
believe it or not I have had some merona (target) brand 100% cotton boxers for over 5 years, still going strong. 2 for $10. The material is very good, light but not too light. Also they have that "dump-truck panel" as I like to call it, the seamless 3rd panel in the back. I like them better than gap, CK, etc. I havent tried the BR ones however.

+1. my first thought when i read the OP. the plain ones at my local Target were three for $8.99.

-Jeff

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are we really expecting our unmentionables to last 5+ years?

I like Nordstrom boxers. Nice fabrics, well-cut (not too baggy), self-fabric waistband w/ buttons. <$20 at their anniversary sale.

I've had Merona before but I've been unsatisfied with my last Merona purchase (crew tshirts and boxer briefs), so I'm off them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads