1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

High-Waisted Trousers and the "Poof"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Jun 22, 2006.

1. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Distinguished Member

I contemplated the purchase of a pair of high waisted trousers today with a single, forward facing pleat. The pants are medium-trim with a nice drape when fulyl erect, however, the longer rise on these trousers leads to a considerable bunching of the fabric around the crotch when seated. Im still on the fence about making a purchase. As always, opinions on the matter are appreciated.

2. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Even though I just said so on AIM... GET 'EM!

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

i disagree! if you have to think twice then you will only regeat it later! coz you wont have the confidence to wear them with grace!

4. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

Isn't the the appeal of pleats? But if it's too egregious, don't buy them. Tailoring them wouldn't work too well.

5. GBR

GBR Distinguished Member

If you need to ask a question or think twice DON'T buy. You will never be happy with them.

6. mussel

mussel Senior Member

Get them. Where can I find such pants?

7. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

I contemplated the purchase of a pair of high waisted trousers today with a single, forward facing pleat. The pants are medium-trim with a nice drape when fulyl erect, however, the longer rise on these trousers leads to a considerable bunching of the fabric around the crotch when seated. Im still on the fence about making a purchase. As always, opinions on the matter are appreciated.

Butthead: He he he he, you said "erect." He he he he.

Seriously, how long is the rise? I find 11 inches is just about too much for me and 10 is good, but only for very fashion forward type pants. I'm curious what works for you.

8. Quirk

Quirk Distinguished Member

Butthead: He he he he, you said "erect." He he he he.

My thought was that if the pants actually drape well when he is fully erect, there must be quite a bit of extra fullness in the crotch.

9. Matt

Matt [email protected]

My thought was that if the pants actually drape well when he is fully erect, there must be quite a bit of extra fullness in the crotch.
    nah, he's Japanese

10. Quirk

So wrong. So, so wrong.

11. raley

raley Senior Member

How are pants supposed to fit? My pockets always bulge when I take a step and the crotch "poofs" when I sit down. It is quite annoying. Would bespoke pants fix this?

12. Quirk

How are pants supposed to fit? My pockets always bulge when I take a step and the crotch "poofs" when I sit down. It is quite annoying. Would bespoke pants fix this?

I think it's just one of those normal things that you can suddenly start obsessing about when you think about your clothes too much, like "Oh my GOD! How come I never really noticed those horrible creases that my pants get behind the knee! Maybe I should be sitting differently!" [​IMG]

13. damonallan

damonallan Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they have forward pleats and long rise for a reason...suspenders??

Do they have loops?

Buttons inside?

14. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I've seen them, they don't have belt loops. I prefer my trousers without, to be honest.

15. Ed355

Ed355 Senior Member

nah, he's Japanese

I am not Japanese but this statement is quite offensive.