• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High school

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Is high school really the best times of your life? I love it and it has been the best so far, but is it really as amazing as everyone says when you look back on it years later? The reason I ask is because I am seriously considering graduating early, and the only draw back I can see is not getting to walk across the stage with the rest of my class. Have any of you guys graduated early. If so, do you regret it?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oddly Familiar
Is high school really the best times of your life?

Lord no, I pretty much forgot about it and I only graduated four years ago. And I liked high school. As for early graduation, I think it's generally a mistake to try to speed up your life at such an age. Why do you want to graduate early?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High School, looking back, wasn't that great. I'm done with college and I'd say that was many, many times better than HS.

I've heard people say that college is the most fun you'll have all of your life, and that I believe.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just about finished with it, and it's had nothing on kindergarten. I doubt college will either.

Maximus Mark

Reaction score
High School didn't prepare me for anything useful at all.
I learned all my habits and found my passions in University. The people are generally smarter and more interesting to talk to as well.

I notice a trend here...

hanker565

Reaction score
I'll break the trend

I thought high school was great...senior week is one of my best memories

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i have only good things to remember about my high school years. and i cherish until now my friends from that time of my life.

(sniff)

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I considered it briefly but decided against. Lucky me, because senior year of HS will undoubtedly be one of the greatest years of my life (along with HS freshman year) when all's said and done. I had a blast in HS. It helped that I was able to party harder then than in college. The two are very different experiences and should be savoured to the fullest extyent possible.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that high school is the best time in your life. Perhaps high school is the most care free time of your life. When I was in high school, I was basically a slacker - I didn't do much work, I just got by with mediocre grades, didn't really care much what happened. In that way, .life was much easier in high school, but I wouldn't say that life was better or that I had a better time. Right now, I'm engaged to be married, I can sort of see where my life is going, I have more money than I had in high school, I get to do a lot more interesting things, see a lot more interesting places and have a lot more interesting experiences. High school was alright, but if you're one of those guys that thinks that high school was the best time of your life (sort of like Al Bundy), then I kind of feel sorry for you.

aybojs

Reaction score
The only period I disliked more than high school was college. Having graduated this past spring, I can that I feel much happier being done with school forever than I ever did while going through it.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved high school. College was even better. Law school was the best! Working sucks. A lot.
frown.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odoreater has it right. You have a pretty care-free life in HS. As you go on in life many things become way better but that comes with the trade-off of having more responsibility.

In high school I spent my time hanging out with friends, hanging out with and having a lot of *********** girl-friend (ahh, the memories of a gf up for about anything, if you know what I mean), at my part time job earning some cash, and in school. I liked all of it. It was fun. But if I didn't have that job it wouldn't have been the end of the world. My responsibilities consisted of doing what I said I would, going to school, and being home by curfew.

College was better in that I had more freedome. But I also had to have a job. Had to to pay for my part of school. All else was basically the same.

Grad school was serious stress, but was pretty easy, if financially poor, living. In a way there was less freedom because of the lack of money, but I got a whole new level of respect from people. Much less sex, unfortunately.

Now that I'm graduated and have a job it's great. I have plenty of money, have a job I like, and am engaged. But if things go wrong I still have to come up with the rent check. Much more freedom, much more responsibility.

It's all about trade-offs. If you look back on your life and you've never progressed beyond HS (and I knew guys like this) then things have gone drastically wrong.

bob

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads