• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High School Reunions - been to one?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that most of us are too young to have gone to many of these, but do you plan to? And those that have been, what were they like? Were the popular kids still popular? Were the hot girls still hot, or did they look prematurely old? Did wallflowers turn into bombshells? And on the socio-economic standpoint, did people see to be about the same social/economic status as they were growing up?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
My plan was is to go to my 5 year one (in a few years) and show everyone up. **** yea. I am much sexier than I was in high school.

Bitches love RRL Cashmere.

WoodyStylee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
My plan was is to go to my 5 year one (in a few years) and show everyone up. **** yea. I am much sexier than I was in high school.

Bitches love RRL Cashmere.

Amen. I had my 5 yr. reunion last year, and i was honestly a little boy when i graduated college. Come back 5 years later, 6 feet tall, well dressed, with last year's miss Mass on my arm.

Needless to say, it was a great evening for the ego. got a lot of, "OMG i didnt even recognize you...you look great!"

At the very least it was good to see old friends I lost touch with. And get pants-******** drunk with my high school boys.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why on earth would I ever want to see anyone from high school again? I can't even remember half the people I went to school with. College and high school are blurred together.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I used to date a very attractive ex model and I told her when we broke up that I'm going to be calling her when my reunion rolls aruond.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
i just want to go and see how fat everyone got
smile.gif

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I skipped out on my ten-year in '07 because I figured it cost too much and I still kept in touch with most of the folks who mattered.

I regret it. It cost so much because the open bar was open for quite a while (so presumably worth it). I got chewed out by too many good people who had wanted to see me there. And after ten years, I've still got things that many of my peers lost along the way: hair and fitness.

Eh.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hell NO. my twenty is coming up next year and - seeing has how I've missed the 5, 10, and 15-year reunions - I figure, why start going now? I'm not who I was then, high school was not the best time of my life, and I'm not yet afflicted by nostalgia - though this might yet happen around the time I lose my hair and erections.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I went to my ten-year. Since I basically hang out with my high school friends (about ten of us, we've all done pretty well and have kept close) anyway, we just used it as an excuse to party. Had a good time, it was fun to see all the random people. At least a few of them I had absolutely no idea who they were, which was really weird. And I only went to a 1,500 plus high school.

Go, have a good time, and above all, be confident. No matter how well you've done, somebody there has done better. So be humble, yet self-confident, and you'll be fine.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i went to my 10. everyone's station in life was as would have been expected. 20 will be more interesting because if you haven't made it by then, you're sort of fucked.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 10 year was on a Friday night and I didn't feel like flying 2 hours and skipping work to go, esp. I still keep in contact with who I want to keep in contact with.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was the coolest kid in high school so I will obviously go to mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics