• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

High Rise Pants Unconfortable

Bernardo Baldissera

Reaction score
Hello. For me, high rise pants are always very uncorfortable when I sit. They are great standing up, but when I sit, the waistband presses againt my belly and I feel like I am being cut in half. It really hurts. I tried with belts, side adjusters, suspenders. My pants are already very loose, if I loose them up even more, they will fall down when I stand up. I have a little bit of a belly, but not much. Is it normal? It is a subject that has been bothering me for years, I have tried dozens of diferent pairs, but nothing works, only soft wool low rise pants, but the look is not very flattering to me, since I am a short guy and the lower rise makes me even shorter.

kazusano

Reaction score
Hello. For me, high rise pants are always very uncorfortable when I sit. They are great standing up, but when I sit, the waistband presses againt my belly and I feel like I am being cut in half. It really hurts. I tried with belts, side adjusters, suspenders. My pants are already very loose, if I loose them up even more, they will fall down when I stand up. I have a little bit of a belly, but not much. Is it normal? It is a subject that has been bothering me for years, I have tried dozens of diferent pairs, but nothing works, only soft wool low rise pants, but the look is not very flattering to me, since I am a short guy and the lower rise makes me even shorter.
Some pictures might help us!

paxonus

Reaction score
The solution is suspenders. You wear them a little loose at the waist, and let the suspenders do their job.

Bernardo Baldissera

Reaction score
The solution is suspenders. You wear them a little loose at the waist, and let the suspenders do their job.
Thank you. Unfortunately, I live in a very hot climate, so 50% of the year I wear only a shirt, without jacket...

paxonus

Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately, I live in a very hot climate, so 50% of the year I wear only a shirt, without jacket...
Buy nice suspenders. Trafalgar are good and they look great. I have tried every conceivable option for high rise trousers, and they are the only reliable option.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 100 34.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%