• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?)

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All,

I need a high quality spread-collar, french cuff, reasonably slim fitting solid white broadcloth/poplin dress shirt in the next two weeks. I'd have thought that living in New York, this wouldn't be a problem, but after stopping by Saks this afternoon and seeing not much aside from Boss and the like (at full retail, of course) and only in garish patterns (and being told breathlessly that the Ike Behar shirts were of the same quality as Charvet, natch) I'm starting to wonder.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get such a shirt, either here in New York, or online? I'd happily order a shirt from H&K or somewhere similar, but I can't take the risk that the shirt will get tied up in customs--my last UK online order took almost 2 months to arrive.

Budget is $150-$300 (though I'd very, very much prefer to stay in the lower end of that).

Many thanks for the help!

hangthree

Reaction score
Check with Carl at CEGO...he might be able to turn around a shirt on short notice with better fit and quality than what you might find at Saks.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Paul Stuart?

Yes...or perhaps the Brooks on Madison...you could look at both on the same trip. You might find Bergdorf's is more focused on quality and less on labels than Saks. Since you are going for slim fit, Bloomingdale's might also not be a bad choice if you can fight your way through the hip crap.

TitusAndronicus

Reaction score
Quote:
That's what I would have recommended, beyond what had already been mentioned: their website is a bit goofy, but the store itself is full of gorgeous things.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Target sells white shirts for $20. The buttons are liable to fall off though, so I'm not sure about quality.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, these are all great suggestions. I actually looked to eHaberdasher and ShopTheFinest first, but neither had what I was looking for in my size. Some nice Finamores at ShopTheFinest, but they were all in self-stripe or textured (twill) fabrics, not a broadcloth/poplin.

I'll look at CEGO, Bergdorf, Kent Wang, and Paul Stuart and see what I find.

Last edited:

jamesny

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Kenneth Cole or Ralph Lauren, try Dillard's, or Forzieri online.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers luxury line, slim or extra slim.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All,
I need a high quality spread-collar, french cuff, reasonably slim fitting solid white broadcloth/poplin dress shirt in the next two weeks. I'd have thought that living in New York, this wouldn't be a problem, but after stopping by Saks this afternoon and seeing not much aside from Boss and the like (at full retail, of course) and only in garish patterns (and being told breathlessly that the Ike Behar shirts were of the same quality as Charvet, natch) I'm starting to wonder.
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to get such a shirt, either here in New York, or online? I'd happily order a shirt from H&K or somewhere similar, but I can't take the risk that the shirt will get tied up in customs--my last UK online order took almost 2 months to arrive.
Budget is $150-$300 (though I'd very, very much prefer to stay in the lower end of that).
Many thanks for the help!

Is this really a serious question?

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trollolololololol!
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics