High quality dress shirts online

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VWpete, Dec 2, 2002.

1. VWpete

VWpete Senior member

Hey there,
    I just bought a beautiful new Paul Smith 3-button navy suit w/ great pinstripe. I bought a great Paul Smith striped shirt to wear w/ it when I can have fun w/ it. I also picked up 2 great ties. I need a nice white shirt or two for the more conservative times (ex/ interviews, meetings). I wanted a spread collar- 1 w/ french cuffs, 1 regular. Is there a good place to look for these online. I'd love a slimmer, European type fit as I'm pretty small. I also don't want to break the bank. I'd like to spend under $100 each. I don't need Turnbull or Brioni. Any suggestions. How's Paul Frederick? My size is 14 1/2 by 33 (kinda harder to find). Thanks for all your help. Pete

2. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

See what they're offering on Bluefly first. I saw some nice Zegna shirts for $125 at raffello network.

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

4. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

for under or around $100...

regular price that I like:

Brooks Brothers (they make a slim fit)
    Thomas Pink (they as well)

regularly on sale at @100:

Talbott
    Zegna (not very slim though)
    Boss

5. Jantzen fan

Jantzen fan Member

For US$42 you can get any design you like from Jantzen Tailor in Hong Kong. Order online and expect delivery in about a week's time. If you're in doubt, see their guest book and remarks from satisfied customers. Website as below: http://www.jantzentailor.com

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Raffaello consistently quotes misleading prices.  While not technically dishonest - the prices quoted are often the same ones listed as "retail" in airport duty free shops - they are dishonest in spirit, insofar as even the most exclusive boutiques and specialty stores retail the items for significantly less.  Although I couldn't prove it in court, I suspect that Bluefly is guilty of this for some brands (Dolce and Gabbana Basic comes immediately to mind.)  

Of course, Ebay sellers are the worst offenders.  Last week, I saw an A|X leather jacket being auctioned for $699...  I have that jacket.  It retailed at $395, and I got it on sale for about $180.  The seller quoted the retail price at over $2500.  I would report them, but it's a real hassle - although you'd think that Ebay would try to shut this sort of practive down.

7. Will Moose

Will Moose Active Member

I have that same Armani shirt, I got it for 80 bucks at Belks. Hugo Boss dress shirts are really nice for the money, I think they can be found most places for like 70 - 75 bucks.