• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Quality Bed Linen at a good price?

linengurl

Reaction score
also check out St. Geneve company selling through smaller stores that I've found, amazing bed linens and down duvets, expensive but worth it and on a par with sferra etc. But Italian linens made in Canada.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
I started preparations for my online linenshop. Would anybody be interested in an application that allows you choose from 300TC/600TC , 11 base colors, 36 patterns, en 36 colors to create the patterns. You could even use your own texts:

katadetail1.jpg

katavierkant.jpg

katamethanden.jpg

primula2.jpg

In this one you could have your own initials in sort of an abstract way, the example spells SH
solanum2.jpg

Urticafolder.jpg

avena.jpg

Looks very good.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, C21 has a few sets of deadstock Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams 600tc sheets in queen and king size (Chinese made) at super discount. MSRP >600 ---> $55-60 after tax.

brescd01

Reaction score
I just bought linens for two beds and two baths in my new apartment, totalling $4000 (everything included sheets, comforters, pillow cases, 4 types of towels x 6 sets, and custom cut bath mats) from Busatti. Getting them was challenging. I liked the product. I think the bath towels are the nicest I have owned or used. The sheets are the nicest I have owned but I am not sure my taste or experience is that refined. But I am convinced that toweling aside, having linens custom made from fabric you source either cotton or linen, is the way to go. You can specify everything, fabric, how elaborate the stitching, etc. In Philadelphia my designer has a seamstress he uses but I think most designers do. She made my curtains.

In general the practice of shopping for prestige brands is a defective one, because no matter how wonderful the brand it is too tempting for it to create lower end products that have greater value due to the brand. To find everything you need matching at reasonable price seems very difficult, especially if you have a need for everything at once as I did. The web site and book "Remodelista" lists sources for linen from which sheets can be made. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the best material I could afford and perhaps gone to Frette or Pourthault in NYC to see what sorts of finishing the best linens have, and specified that to a seamstress.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend Lcoste bed sheets. 100% cotton percale. Durable and well made with some nice colors and patterns, too. For about six months, I have six sets plus a duvet, coverlet, throw etc. All cotton, work together and nicely made. Good luck.

Eisenhammer

Reaction score
I've had fantastic luck with Brooklinen sheets. I went this direction about a 18 months ago and I haven't regretted it. Organic cotton that gets better with each wash.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there where the fitted sheet does not come off every friggen night? I would sleep on sandpaper if it stays on the bed. I have tried clips and they do not work. Any recs?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just bought a full set of sheets from Riley Home based off Wirecutter's recommendation. Have to had them long but they seem really nice. $200 with a 20% off code and the fitted **** stays on just fine.

radio3

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a good bedding maker in Europe? I am looking for black sheets and duvet cover. No idea where to look. Just looking for good quality, not super luxury. White Company in the U.K. is perfect, except that they basically only make white. I’ve had a couple women comment that it’s weird for guys to have all white bedroom. I thought I’d talk a walk on the dark side. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

martin_d

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there where the fitted sheet does not come off every friggen night? I would sleep on sandpaper if it stays on the bed. I have tried clips and they do not work. Any recs?
We use sheets from Ikea without any problems, also Gotcha covered are nice. The trick is to find the right size. Not knowing your situation, could it be the reason they come off? For instance your mattress is 10", a 15" pocket won't perform well. And you need to find an 11" pocket sheet. Yep, it might be way too obvious but I had this problem before (it's kinda based on a true story).
This, and I also use two long sheet straps (not those that are placed at the corners) to keep the fitted sheet tight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads