1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

High protein, low calorie foods

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by TeeKay, Jan 17, 2012.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

octopus and squid both I believe.... high protein and low fat and calories (as long as you don't batter and fry the shit out of it! :))

3. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

4. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

You could also do Kashi GOLEAN

5. theecaptain

theecaptain Well-Known Member

for real, wish i had that around.

for high protein/low cal my go to foods are cottage cheese (12g/100cal), broccoli (3g/25cal), canned tuna and salmon (not sure ratio but very high protein). Also some veggie burgers are very high in protein. Great thread idea!

6. tinsel

tinsel Well-Known Member

Speaking of miracle foods: quinoa has an absurd amount of protein and is essentially a healthy carb substitute.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

This is good stuff. I now have it for breakfast instead of the cereal I used to eat.

8. Kid Nickels

I've always loved Special K. I have some mixed half and half with Cheerios right now... add blueberries, strawberries and almonds and that's breakfast.

9. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Senior member

+1 on the quinoa. In the same vein - lentils. You can get some low sodium lentil soups that are delish!

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I add blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and slices of banana to mine. Good early morning eating. Yum.

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah the full fat Fage is the only one that's tolerable unless you add a bunch of sugar. Then again, I'm not that concerned with fat content.

12. mic

mic Senior member

Drink lots of non fat milk. I was taught this in medical school by a lecturer who primarily studied metabolism and was incidentally a little bit of a body-builder. My friend and I used to run into him at the gym, and he told us that that drinking few glasses of skim milk after a workout was just about the perfect protein load for all those newly torn/stretched muscle fibers.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  13. Kid Nickels

the 2% is really fine.... I mean w/o an actual back-2-back taste test can you tell? I guess you can otherwise you wouldn't mention it, but how about try some really good honey in it. I have some North Carolina Sourwood and it's so great with the Fage I could practically eat it by the giant tub. and you don't need so much honey as to make it unhealthy... it's better than adding sugar! Yikes!

hmm... this is interesting... must consider and thanks!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Well, the honey adds sugar. Just saying.

The 2% is tolerable, I suppose. But the full fat is actually quite delicious, I think. When I am trying to lose weight but feel like a dessert I will eat that with some low sugar granola and berries.

15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Well, the honey adds sugar. Just saying.

The 2% is tolerable, I suppose. But the full fat is actually quite delicious, I think. When I am trying to lose weight but feel like a dessert I will eat that with some low sugar granola and berries.

16. Kid Nickels

sure of course... when you said "add sugar" I thought of refined white sugar so in my mind honey as sugar is better than actual sugar that's all.... enjoy the yogurt!