• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Performance SUV's = Epic Fail?

micbain

Reaction score
I never understood the appeal of these things. The streets are flooded with them. RR Sport, ML 55, Porsche Cayanne S, etc etc. If you want something fast, get a sports car or sports sedan and then heaven forbid it snow (just been a winter storm here in Vancouver) and these things can't get anywhere due to the racing slicks they have as tires or even worse, people don't drive them because they don't want to wreck their $100k SUV haha.

Epic Fail? I think so.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
think so? you try getting a blow job in the back seat of a 911.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
think so? you try getting a blow job in the back seat of a 911.

Front seat of a 911 with Tiptronic shifter.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i don't understand the cayenne's appeal at all. not the porsche i would buy.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would probably never buy one, unless it was my 5th car and I need to tow a boat, but if you like a higher seating position, a little bit of ground clearance, all-wheel drive, and want it something that goes fast and doesn't handle like complete **** with typical luxury appointments, what else do you buy?

I do have a soft spot for the Range Rover Sport. But I would pour that money into an M5 over it in a heartbeat if I wanted something with 4 useable seats.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're failures because of how they handle the curvies. High performance, truck suspensions and high center of gravity just does not mix. It's weak. Get a winter SUV, a sports car for the summer and don't have kids.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Front seat of a 911 with Tiptronic shifter.

If you have the Tiptronic you're probably getting that ** from a guy.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i use the tiptronic.
frown.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand it either. To top it off, BMW's coming out with M versions of the X5 and X6. That seems completely
tinfoil.gif

--Andre

turboman808

Reaction score
I want to epically punch people who say "epic fail" for some reason.

I have driven a Cayenne GTS and it was alot of fun. Fast as hell and sorry to say it corners better then I think a SUV should.

Still not something I would buy.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
I want to epically punch people who say "epic fail" for some reason.

I have driven a Cayenne GTS and it was alot of fun. Fast as hell and sorry to say it corners better then I think a SUV should.

Still not something I would buy.

haha - okay, I agree that 'Epic Fail' is annoying.

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people (not me I dont like SUVs or trucks all that much) like the performance models like the upcoming GL 63 more because of the added appearance details than the performance that you'll most likely never get to fully utilitize. (exhaust, trim, more aggressive body, bigger tires, etc.)

Lucky7

Reaction score
Take it easy guys! Nobody is getting hurt. Why the hatred? I'm not saying that I would be first in line to buy one of these, but I do think that they are fun to drive, and serve somewhat of a purpose. If you do not need a vehicle to get you out of deep snow, sand, and mud, but do need something to tow, or haul kids/stuff around then it seems not so much of a failure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads