• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High/medium rise chino suggestions?

thermals

Reaction score
Guys, I wear a lot of khakis and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for high/medium rise chinos that are slim-ish fitting? Ideally something that is durable but looks good with OCBD and spread collar shirts as well. Not interested in bonobos/jcrew/etc.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
dapper classics, epaulet, rota at no man walks alone, h stockton, lost monarch, oconnells, berg & berg, and spier & mackay

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had success with Peter Christian's Jeanos.

khughes44

Reaction score
any specific model/cut/fit? thanks!
These are BB Clark fit Advantage Chinos. You can wash them over and over and they hold up well. Rise could be a little higher, but they’re higher than most.
F9463592-5FB1-4905-B200-C93A5A51F1D7.jpeg

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dapper classics, epaulet, rota at no man walks alone, h stockton, lost monarch, oconnells, berg & berg, and spier & mackay
Out of these, Epaulet Walt Fit and the Rota/NMWA higher-rise are the only ones I’ve tried. They’re both great for me. The BB Clark has a nice rise, but the other two brands are superior in both construction and styling. Just my 2¢.

thermals

Reaction score
These are BB Clark fit Advantage Chinos. You can wash them over and over and they hold up well. Rise could be a little higher, but they’re higher than most. View attachment 1224777
Looks great. Although it looks like BB only sells them with elastic / spandex material now. Do you know if that’s the case?

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a fair amount of experimentation, I have found Incotex my favorite for chinos and a lot of other styles. A flattering to many body types medium/higher cut, excellent construction and materials, and, for me, the most comfortable fit of any great looking slacks I've tried. Pricey, but often available on sale, ebay, etc.

khughes44

Reaction score
Looks great. Although it looks like BB only sells them with elastic / spandex material now. Do you know if that’s the case?
Sorry, yes there’s a bit of stretch. You may also want to check out the more casual Uniqlo Vintage Chinos. High rise, nicely tapered leg and no stretch. They have four colours and they cost peanuts.

compuccesory

Reaction score
One thing that works for me is to buy J.crew chinos on sale that are longer in the inseam and then hem the pant legs, so I am a 28" inseam, I buy a 32" inseam chino and hem it down, the rise of the 32" pants is high enough for me. J.Crew will do it for free too.

I know you said you don't want J.Crew so maybe try that but with a brand that you like I guess. Not sure if it works for Euro-sized pants that all come with 35" inseams and expect you to hem hem as a matter of course.

vida

Reaction score
Higher rise, if you really want them, are probably best executed by Incotex as previously mentioned. But don’t fool yourself, this style is making a return and really doesn’t flatter as many as you may believe. IMO, some guys who go this route look like very old men that actually need the additional rise to hide their protruding stomachs. I think some of the Armoury fellows look really ridiculous employing this look.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you want a high rise, take note of the Incotex model. I believe only the Classic model has a high rise these days. Avoid the Slim and Modern models, both of which have relatively low rises.

Good luck finding a retailer that stocks the Classic model. Most carry the Slim.

aizan

Reaction score
High rise pants (waistband goes right across the navel) will look good if you're around 5'10" or under. Low rise pants look best on really tall people. If you're thicc, try going the mid-high rise with suspender route rather than the ubiquitous low rise, under the belly route.

Casual: Buzz Rickson, Bronson
Semi-formal: Bill's Khakis M1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads