• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

High/medium rise chino suggestions?

thermals

Reaction score
Guys, I wear a lot of khakis and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for high/medium rise chinos that are slim-ish fitting? Ideally something that is durable but looks good with OCBD and spread collar shirts as well. Not interested in bonobos/jcrew/etc.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
dapper classics, epaulet, rota at no man walks alone, h stockton, lost monarch, oconnells, berg & berg, and spier & mackay

macjedi

Reaction score
dapper classics, epaulet, rota at no man walks alone, h stockton, lost monarch, oconnells, berg & berg, and spier & mackay
Out of these, Epaulet Walt Fit and the Rota/NMWA higher-rise are the only ones I’ve tried. They’re both great for me. The BB Clark has a nice rise, but the other two brands are superior in both construction and styling. Just my 2¢.

pasadena man

Reaction score
After a fair amount of experimentation, I have found Incotex my favorite for chinos and a lot of other styles. A flattering to many body types medium/higher cut, excellent construction and materials, and, for me, the most comfortable fit of any great looking slacks I've tried. Pricey, but often available on sale, ebay, etc.

khughes44

Reaction score
Looks great. Although it looks like BB only sells them with elastic / spandex material now. Do you know if that’s the case?
Sorry, yes there’s a bit of stretch. You may also want to check out the more casual Uniqlo Vintage Chinos. High rise, nicely tapered leg and no stretch. They have four colours and they cost peanuts.

compuccesory

Reaction score
One thing that works for me is to buy J.crew chinos on sale that are longer in the inseam and then hem the pant legs, so I am a 28" inseam, I buy a 32" inseam chino and hem it down, the rise of the 32" pants is high enough for me. J.Crew will do it for free too.

I know you said you don't want J.Crew so maybe try that but with a brand that you like I guess. Not sure if it works for Euro-sized pants that all come with 35" inseams and expect you to hem hem as a matter of course.

vida

Reaction score
Higher rise, if you really want them, are probably best executed by Incotex as previously mentioned. But don’t fool yourself, this style is making a return and really doesn’t flatter as many as you may believe. IMO, some guys who go this route look like very old men that actually need the additional rise to hide their protruding stomachs. I think some of the Armoury fellows look really ridiculous employing this look.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want a high rise, take note of the Incotex model. I believe only the Classic model has a high rise these days. Avoid the Slim and Modern models, both of which have relatively low rises.

Good luck finding a retailer that stocks the Classic model. Most carry the Slim.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.