• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

High Heel Boots (1.5 - 2.5 inches)

Exeter Lux

Reaction score
I've been looking around for some boots that would boost my height a little. I've looked in a few places but I've only had a bit of luck and I'm more in the market for something black. Does anyone have any suggestions for boots with heels about the length that I've posted (anywhere from 1.5 - 3 inches or so)? About all I've found to my liking are these Energie boots on ssense http://www.ssense.com/Energie-Men-Ca...rown_Boot/8321 and while I'm not crazy about the buckle placement it doesn't turn me off of them either, especially for the price.

Any suggestions?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest you become comfortable with your current height and desist from searching for obnoxiously large heels (3 inches, seriously?). For a boot with a higher, but still normal, heel look into Frye's. I know I've seen a few that would fit that category.

Exeter Lux

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not so sure about three inches but anywhere from 1.5 to 2 inches would be fine. Looks like Frye's has some good stuff, thanks. I'm 5' 10" so my height isn't a big issue but it DOES feel nice with the extra inch or so, ha ha.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Become comfortable with who you are... Clothes won't fill that void and you'll be a better man at the end of your journey.

Plus, 3 inch boots on men should only be reserved for those decked out in KISS costumes.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Logger boots in general have high heels...Chippewa, Red Wing, Whites.

sucks for me thats tall, and dont want to be taller. The heel (1-1,5) of my lace to toe Red Wing loggers have almost made me not wear them, since I feel my proportions look freakish.

jiomitori

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
I'm not sure how high they are, but White's boots have a really feminine heel. Similar to the effect of 2-3 inches.

I'm sorry but you can't compare those boots to White's.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
5'10" and you're insecure about your height?

There are plenty of people shorter than you and you'd better believe that heel is conspicuous to the point that it should offset any confidence boost you get with the height. I have a pair of snakeskin ankle boots with pitched 1.5" heel that I wear for fun (not ironically, just when I'm feeling it, brahs) and people definitely notice.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
high boots make me think of KISS.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20