• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Fashion Store comes to Winnetka, IL

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A new store called Neapolitan is opening in Winnetka, they are supposedly going to carry:

Alexander McQueen
Bresciani
Brioni
Brunello Cucinelli
CP Company
Hickey Freeman
Incotex
Kiton
Lanvin
Lorenzini
Luciano Barbera
Michael Kors
Paul Smith
Prada
Pringle

I hope they make it, but I really wonder if they'll survive. I have no affiliation with them, but just thought that other forum members might like to know about the store.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now open, 725 Elm St (near Lincoln), Winnetka, 847-441-7784

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, is it geared at both men and women or mainly men?

Shoes?

Mr. Pharmacist

Reaction score
Ooooh Lanvin. Going to have to check this out.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am surprised a local company would not carry Oxxford.

Originally Posted by saint
A new store called Neapolitan is opening in Winnetka, they are supposedly going to carry:

Alexander McQueen
Bresciani
Brioni
Brunello Cucinelli
CP Company
Hickey Freeman
Incotex
Kiton
Lanvin
Lorenzini
Luciano Barbera
Michael Kors
Paul Smith
Prada
Pringle

I hope they make it, but I really wonder if they'll survive. I have no affiliation with them, but just thought that other forum members might like to know about the store.

sl33p3rs

Reaction score
wich we have one down here.
358aee4cc897452c00244351e4d91f69.jpg

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint

Alexander McQueen
Bresciani
Brioni
Brunello Cucinelli
CP Company
Hickey Freeman
Incotex
Kiton
Lanvin
Lorenzini
Luciano Barbera
Michael Kors
Paul Smith
Prada
Pringle

Doesn't George Greene on Oak St. carry a lot of these same lines?

I hope they'll have good luck. A lot of Chicago stores have gone under in the last 5 years with more rumored to be on the verge.

Winnetka is a very nice area indeed.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is it called Neopolitan?

There is only one brand from Naples!

They are destined to fail, I will say it here and now. They will not last more than 3 years.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Why is it called Neopolitan?

There is only one brand from Naples!

They are destined to fail, I will say it here and now. They will not last more than 3 years.

I think that it will depend on whether the proprietors can build up a client base. Midwesterners do not have the spending habits of New Yorkers or Californians, but certainly, the money is there. I assume that the proprietors will have to cater to three different clientele - fashion plates (the smallest market), men of means who want a place of their own, and their wives - the ladies who lunch.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that it will depend on whether the proprietors can build up a client base. Midwesterners do not have the spending habits of New Yorkers or Californians, but certainly, the money is there. I assume that the proprietors will have to cater to three different clientele - fashion plates (the smallest market), men of means who want a place of their own, and their wives - the ladies who lunch.

I live in the area, it wont work. They will sell Prada, otherwise the Saks in Highland park has everything else.

Ill stop in and give a report.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Ill stop in and give a report.
I'm interested in your report. I might visit them based on the reviews posted here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads