• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

high-end task chairs: knoll life vs. Aeron vs. Freedom Chair

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going with the freedom chair in pomegranate and all-aluminum frame. Will post pics when i get it.
smile.gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****** has been parked in a Knoll Life chair for the majority of the last few days, and will be for another week or so, and its pretty awesome. The plastic base is fine, but you have to upgrade to get adjustable armrests.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I'm going with the freedom chair in pomegranate and all-aluminum frame. Will post pics when i get it.
smile.gif

Awesome. Please report back.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an Aeron but also love Knoll's chairs.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010
The Aeron is great, IF you set it up well and get the right bottom cushion. They're sized and not that adjustable (if at all, don't remember) so many people find the Aeron as uncomfortable as a suit that's a size too large or too small.

I find this strange. The Aeron is probably the most adjustable chair out there. Some feel it's too adjustable, like trying to get comfortable in a 16 way power seat in an automobile.

The Freedom is the opposite. I hope it works for you because that's one chair I would recommend trying first. It tends to polarize.

I like the leather Leap myself.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The craigslist tip earlier in this thread is valid.

12PM -- found listing for a brand new Aeron chair with all features.

3PM -- met random guy in parking lot

3:15PM -- gave guy $300 in cash

4PM -- arrived home with brand new Aeron chair

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
The craigslist tip earlier in this thread is valid.

12PM -- found listing for a brand new Aeron chair with all features.

3PM -- met random guy in parking lot

3:15PM -- gave guy $300 in cash

4PM -- arrived home with brand new Aeron chair

Didn't ask where it came from; didn't want to know.

So...you accept the fact that you may be a thief? you just don't want to confirm it?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
So...you accept the fact that you may be a thief? you just don't want to confirm it?
Technically, the Craiglist listing went something along the lines of "this was a gift and now we have a new baby blah blah," but.. the chair was worth more than his car. Who knows? How would I know? Wish the guy the best of luck with his kid. It was cute and in a car seat.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was your daddy a thief?

That makes no sense. Just like your views on what the word "drop" means along with when you complained your ex had ******** with another guy and sent the video to you but then she magically showed up on here to call you a liar.

If you're a thief, I think you should just confirm it and get it over with...people may think your bad to the BONE.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That makes no sense. Just like your views on what the word "drop" means along with when you complained your ex had ******** with another guy and sent the video to you but then she magically showed up on here to call you a liar. If you're a thief, I think you should just confirm it and get it over with...people may think your bad to the BONE.
Yes, then I'd post it in the what manly things did you do today thread. Unfortunately, you are correct, my entire life is a lie. What would have done in the situation? Demanded a receipt? Why do you follow me around this forum?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, then I'd post it in the what manly things did you do today thread. Unfortunately, you are correct, my entire life is a lie. What would have done in the situation? Demanded a receipt?
So when you imagined the guy taking your girl to pound town, was he wearing non-iron shirts and did he have a 4 inch drop? That would have pissed me off. To no end. Anyway, mon ami, you knew what you were doing and the possibility of a theft - you just didn't want to confirm it. That's not something to encourage. All kidding aside, you can probably get enough of a discount elsewhere without resorting to shady exchanges that leave open the possibility of theft. Happy holidays.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was he wearing non-iron shirts and did he have a 4 inch drop? That would have pissed me off. To no end.

You know, I got those shirts MTM from BB. They came back quite slim in the body but the sleeves were the same as the regular model. Not even the slim fit. Very disappointing. I am no longer a non-iron believer.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You know, I got those shirts MTM from BB. They came back quite slim in the body but the sleeves were the same as the regular model. Not even the slim fit. Very disappointing. I am no longer a non-iron believer.
What about the Dockers?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
That makes no sense. Just like your views on what the word "drop" means along with when you complained your ex had ******** with another guy and sent the video to you but then she magically showed up on here to call you a liar.

If you're a thief, I think you should just confirm it and get it over with...people may think your bad to the BONE.

Link to his ******** misadventure plz?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads