• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High-End Stores That Sell Branded Items (Wilkes Bashford, etc.)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Along the lines of "Brioni for Wilkes Bashford."

Can anyone think of others? Besides Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman etc.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Holt Renfrew, Mitchells/Richards, Jeffreys...

Oh, how could I forget Holt's! I was just at one in Canada.

Harry Rosen is another one.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's the point of this exercise? Pretty much all men's stores and department stores carry "X for Y" lines, with higher-end stores carrying higher-end manufacturers.

Is there some sort of benefit to be realized by trying exhaustively to catalog each one? Why not just make a list of high-end men's shops in North America (if you really feel that such a list is beneficial), and reasonably assume all of them do it?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
What's the point of this exercise? Pretty much all men's stores and department stores carry "X for Y" lines, with higher-end stores carrying higher-end manufacturers. Is there some sort of benefit to be realized by trying exhaustively to catalog each one? Why not just make a list of high-end men's shops in North America (if you really feel that such a list is beneficial), and reasonably assume all of them do it?
Because eBay saved searches are fun, and a lot of those types of stores have unique stuff

escheriff

Reaction score
Definitely Maus & Hoffman (I'd call it the Wilkes-Basford of South FL--they have Brioni ["Brioni for Maus and Hoffman"], Oxxford, Ferragamo, Edward Green, etc...) Also Ben Silver.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Stuart doesn't attribute, if I am correct.
It is above that sort of thing. But try to find
the same Samuelsohn model that Paul Stuart
sells at your local Samuelsohn retailer. It is
rare. Paul Stuart promotes "exclusive" models
and doesn't really mention the manufacturers.
Two years ago I tried on an extremely expensive,
'$6000+ suit at PS. Beautiful suit. The jacket
fit me perfectly. The salesman assured me that it was
made by Isaia. Probably true, but I could never find the model
at Isaia retailers in SanFrancisco.

Newlaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
What's the point of this exercise? Pretty much all men's stores and department stores carry "X for Y" lines, with higher-end stores carrying higher-end manufacturers.

Is there some sort of benefit to be realized by trying exhaustively to catalog each one? Why not just make a list of high-end men's shops in North America (if you really feel that such a list is beneficial), and reasonably assume all of them do it?

You sound exhilarating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads