• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High end slippers advice?

EELredux

Reaction score
I love my Belgian Shoes “Mr. Casual” model, but they’ve gotten prohibitively expensive. I‘ll look into the French brand mentioned above!

jimney

Reaction score
I’ve got Rancourt lined slippers and love them. The specific model is the Redington.

Pedro Moreira

Reaction score
I love my Belgian Shoes “Mr. Casual” model, but they’ve gotten prohibitively expensive. I‘ll look into the French brand mentioned above!
Hi, you won’t regret it. I bought the first pair in blue and I loved it so much that I bought another pair, to avoid being sold out.

BB11

Reaction score
How narrow do these run? I generally wear an AE 9 1/2B, in some ASICS I can wear a 10 1/2 when they are a narrow cut. Would these work fo a B width? How about sizing, up or down from quality shoe size? I’ve never seen an English shoe that runs narrow.
thanks
@TheIronDandy if your feet really are 'massive and disfigured' you may not find that the dainty Albert slipper would be quite right for you. I love them and often wear them to work from home (Tricker's in particular) but I am lucky enough to have smallish, size 8 / 42, quite narrow feet. I have not tried Bowhill & Elliott but my Tricker's and Church's Sovereign have all taken a good while to feel truly comfortable.

The type of slipper I really like is almost a 'house shoe' and that is the Grecian style, which Church's used to do so well pre-Prada. Now choices are more limited I think. These have a lower cut and have always seemed to fit straight out of the box.

The black pair below are Hercules and the brown Ajax. If you can find a similar style it may work for you? Bowhill & Elliott do them and actually recommend them for those with 'higher insteps and slightly swollen feet'!

View attachment 1495538

EELredux

Reaction score
I also bought a pair of “handmade Turkish shoes” from Etsy and they are breaking in very nicely. With those and a Kilim slipper, I wear a leather insole for arch support. In summer, a pair of suede espadrilles are my go-to house shoe. The Rake online has a pair on sale for less than$100USD right now. Have to agree that shearling lined slippers in winter are wonderful. My old floors are a bit draughty and splinter-prone, so house shoes are a must!

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these. I assume they are a wider fit, I wear a B width in US shoes. How about sizing, it says to size up if you are a half size.
thanks

Yes, they'll fit a D width better, but are fairly soft leather and the shearling will pad down flatter over time. I'm a size 8D and they fit snugly.

BB11

Reaction score
Yes, they'll fit a D width better, but are fairly soft leather and the shearling will pad down flatter over time. I'm a size 8D and they fit snugly.
Thank you. Very hard finding a slipper that fits, winter I wear socks with lined slipper, summer I wear Kenner flip flops from Brasil, the only flip flops I seem to tolerate.

dwiz

Reaction score
For elegance that will require a little more thought to put on, Baudoin and Lange has a brilliant range.

+1 for Baudoin and Lange, beautiful shoes. Sizing is a bit tricky as they stretch, I wear a 10 US and should have went with a 42. As others have mentioned with other brands, they should be tight to get on at first. Been thinking of picking up a pair from the new line with the rubber soles.

dwiz

Reaction score
Hi, you won’t regret it. I bought the first pair in blue and I loved it so much that I bought another pair, to avoid being sold out.

These are beautiful! what’s sizing like? I’m always cautious of backless, afraid of sliding around or out haha.

Pedro Moreira

Reaction score
These are beautiful! what’s sizing like? I’m always cautious of backless, afraid of sliding around or out haha.
Hi, indeed they are beautiful. And the best is how comfortable they are. I would suggest to get one size up to your normal shoe size. I wear 9/9.5 uk, depending on the last, and I bought size 10.

dwiz

Reaction score
Hi, indeed they are beautiful. And the best is how comfortable they are. I would suggest to get one size up to your normal shoe size. I wear 9/9.5 uk, depending on the last, and I bought size 10.

Wonderful! Thank you! That orange is calling my name a bit ?

X_dSF

Reaction score
I am in a rotation between a pair of viberg slide and a pair of edward green portlander tassel loafer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads