• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High end rtw dress shoes

Classic

Reaction score
I will be visiting Orlando and Buffalo on business within the next couple of weeks and was hoping to buy some high end dress shoes.
Are there any good places to check where I could possibly find some great deals in these two centers?
Thanks in advance for your help?

Classic

shoefan

Reaction score
Just outside of Orlando, on I-4 near Disney World, there is a huge outlet mall which has quite a few high-end outlets, some of which have shoes. In particular, it has: JP Tods -- often great deals, but primarily driving mocs, not dress shoes; Zegna -- a few styles of Zegna, usually half off; Ferragamo -- a decent range of styles, prices are good, not great; Polo shoe outlet, next to big Polo clothes outlet -- IMO, nothing ever worthwhile, seem to be shoes bought just for outlets; Barneys NY -- nothing at all decent, IMO; Cole Haan -- mostly shoes made in Mexico just for the outlet stores, but some decent Italian made Bragano models, prices are okay, certainly not great; Johnston & Murphy -- J&M has discontinued making shoes in the USA, and I think most of their shoes are mediocre at best, but you might find an older pair of US-made, Goodyear welted shoes in your size;Donald Pliner -- great prices, but I find their styles quite strange and generally unattractive.

Nearby, a bit east of the big outlet mall (say 3 or so miles), their are a series of outlets on International Drive. One of them has a Polo Outlet (no shoes) and a Cole Hann (see above), plus an Off Fifth SFA. Off Fifth stores have some shoes, generally mediocre and bought just for the outlet, but also some Bruno Magli and Ferragamos, plus the occasional great deal -- Alden, Lobb, Tods, Prada, etc. This store does on occasion have very good deals on tailored clothes from the main SFA stores.

Classic

Reaction score
Thanks Shoefan. I was told that there are few good outlet centers in or around Orlando, but really appreciate your insight.
What about Buffalo? Although I have been at the outlet center and Galleria Mall in the past, I really did not pay attention to the shoe stores. Any helpful insight there?
Thanks.

shoefan

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Buffalo. You might do a Google search for outlets in NY State; the best outlet chain in my experience is Prime Outlets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads