• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High-end elevator (height increasing) shoes- do they exist?

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a shoe with maybe an inch and half more height than average, but all the height increasing shoes I've found on the net are sweatshop junk that's really uncomfortable, or the heel of the shoe is usually obviously way too big. I'm sure these higher end elevator shoes are more comfortable: http://www.tallshoes4men.com/height_.../Products.html, but they still got that heel thing going which i'm sure clanks like a runway model or will make me look like a latin disco guy.

Anyone know of any perhaps bespoke shoe makers that don't have these problems? Ideally it be better if the bridge of the bottom of the shoe was brought down a bit, making the heel less conspicuous but not necessarily shorter.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont have an answer for your question, but just for my curiosity. How tall are you that you have to use such type of shoes?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there no decent shoe manufacturers that cater to this demand?
Also, I would think that a nice dress boot could conceal the lift somewhat better than a shoe.
I found nothing decent looking on a quick Google image search.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bogartshoes1nt.jpg

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Are there no decent shoe manufacturers that cater to this demand? Also, I would think that a nice dress boot could conceal the lift somewhat better than a shoe. I found nothing decent looking on a quick Google image search.
A boot's not an option because i'm wearing them with a suit. It is odd that no manufacturers cater to this demand.... 1.5 inches taller than normal isn't even a true elevator shoe... it's bascially the equivalent of a hiking boot. Maybe I should check out some bespoke shoe makers in Hong Kong (I'm going to Chan's there anyway)?
Originally Posted by onix
I dont have an answer for your question, but just for my curiosity. How tall are you that you have to use such type of shoes?
I was hoping this thread wouldn't go down this path, but I'm 5'11''. Sure it's cool to be taller, but more importantly the slanted sole also helps with my posture and this type of shoe visually elongates my legs as well.

AB01

Reaction score
I was browsing ebay for wingtips and found a nice one by accident. I saw a picture that looked nice, and when I read it was an elevator shoe, decided not to buy it for that reason. It will look like trying too hard. You can wear certain boots with suits, by the way.

You're 5'11" though.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
I'm 5'11''.
Jesse Livermore, who stood 5'11", wore bespoke elevator shoes with 1" lifts, just to be 6 feet tall.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ugh, the mods really should prevent people who joined last month from posting crap on threads... seriously dude, go have fun on some teenager forum or something.

eightysixed

Reaction score
If you're referring to those images I posted, I did that to illustrate what not to do regarding these sort of shoes as others do notice. By the way, I see that you've asked about this before. I'd stay away from the platform shoes, son. Not a good look.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Consider breast implants instead.

cgardel

Reaction score
Perhaps new shoes aren't the answer but rather, some great clothes and the right attitude.
20090930_HardMidget.jpg
funnyshoes.jpg
This is a man who towers over his peers. He needs no funny shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads