1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"high end" brand quality opinions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by in stitches, Nov 22, 2010.

1. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

no problem all posts are welcome here its fun to watch the progression of a thread

I agree. It's very exciting.

2. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

havent had a suit made only had them adjust suits i bought there and based on the work they have done i dont think i would spend mtm money there also i understand there are diff levels of nordstrom based on socioeconomical and geographical considerations and i have a "B" grade store here in baltimore

Well, I can definitely recommend the Nordies at Tysons. Pentagon City is pretty good, too. The closest store to me is Montgomery Mall, and my suit-gal left.

3. TonyThe Tailor

TonyThe Tailor Senior member

Go see Elio over at English/American in Westminster

4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Well, I can definitely recommend the Nordies at Tysons. Pentagon City is pretty good, too. The closest store to me is Montgomery Mall, and my suit-gal left.

thanks, i havent been to tysons but ive heard good things about it and its not too far ill have to get out there sooner than later

5. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

havent had a suit made only had them adjust suits i bought there and based on the work they have done i dont think i would spend mtm money there also i understand there are diff levels of nordstrom based on socioeconomical and geographical considerations and i have a "B" grade store here in baltimore

I don't really follow your logic here. I don't see how the quality of work of whoever your local Nordstroms uses for alterations has any bearing whatsoever on the expectation of quality from Samuelsohn MTM sold through Nordstroms.

6. RSS

RSS Senior member

Isaia gives the best bang for the buck at retail hands down.
    I'm in agreement with this comment.

7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

I don't really follow your logic here. I don't see how the quality of work of whoever your local Nordstroms uses for alterations has any bearing whatsoever on the expectation of quality from Samuelsohn MTM sold through Nordstroms.

i mean to say i wouldnt trust them to take my measurements and translate them properly and if there was an error i think they might leave me to hold the bag. now if a tailor from samuelsohn was there to do the fitting that would be different

8. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

savile row would be nice but considering i live in maryland sadly it isnt really feasable

Try Cad & the Dandy then. You can order from them online, if you wish.

9. RSS

RSS Senior member

Try Cad & the Dandy then. You can order from them online, if you wish.
    Have you ordered from them? Experience? I have a nephew who is in need of a service of this type.

10. watchcollector2454

watchcollector2454 Senior member

Have you ordered from them? Experience? I have a nephew who is in need of a service of this type.

i'm also be interested for feedback on cad & dandy

11. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I have not yet ordered from them but am about to. I can tell you their customer service is of a high standard but can not yet comment on the quality of their tailoring. I have heard good things from them, though and think they could be a good alternative for the OP.