• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High end Black Friday sales?

aspriel

Reaction score
Hey there,

Does anyone know if the higher end clothing retailers do sales on Black Friday, or if that's just a lower-end thing? Specifically places like Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus....

Thanks!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Neiman's just started FirstCall sales but I don't think those are that good, but if it's something that you know won't be around at Last Call then it's a chance to get like 20% off

I *think* Saks and Barneys have post Thanksgiving sales, but obviously not as aggressive as the Boxing Day sales...but of the two, Saks had better discounts from what I remember

nastyandy

Reaction score
Barneys is starting a big sale on 11/30.

A lot of higher end shops and designer boutiques are having their 'private sales' starting in the weeks around thankgiving. In fact, i just got the invitation to Emporio Armani and they started their private sale yesterday.

Basically most places do have the sales, but not as marketed 'black Friday' sales the same way Macy's et. al., advertise.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nastyandy
Barneys is starting a big sale on 11/30.

Do you know if this includes Co-ops?

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloomingdale's already started their private sale two weeks ago. I believe it is advertised now. 30-40% off most everything.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nastyandy
In fact, i just got the invitation to Emporio Armani and they started their private sale yesterday.

Oooh, you lucky bastard!
cloud.gif

rimshot.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Do you know if this includes Co-ops?

from a guy that works at Barneys on the GQ forum

MEN'S DESIGNER AT BARNEYS IS NOT INCLUDED IN PRE SALE, PRIVATE SALE or the first markdown the rest of the store is taking. We are taking markdowns as follows:

All men's designer EXCEPT Thom Browne, Gucci & Lanvin: November 30 (40% off)

Gucci: December 7

Thom Browne & Lanvin: December 21 (the same date everything else above goes down to 60%)

Re; Co-Op

It looks like most of Co-Op starts going down as of tomorrow, and most vendors' first mark is 40%. Some Co-Op goes later, though, especially the more designer collections like Miu Miu, McQ, etc.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saks Fifth Avenue almost certainly will have a Black Friday sale worth checking out.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Do you guys have your eyes on certain pieces that you're waiting to get marked down or will you purchase things just because they're pretty nice and marked down?

Btw, great info J I already contacted my guy at Barneys.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Do you guys have your eyes on certain pieces that you're waiting to get marked down or will you purchase things just because they're pretty nice and marked down?

I did a walk thru a few weeks ago to see if there was anything I would look for at sales time but didnt see anything that I HAD to have so i'll just let fate and luck determine what's available in my size and see if any of it moves me. At this point there isn't anything I *need* so anything I buy is gonna be something I already have multiples of in some capacity. I'm always up for a good buttondown shirt, checked trouser or cardigan...

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Re; Co-Op

It looks like most of Co-Op starts going down as of tomorrow, and most vendors' first mark is 40%. Some Co-Op goes later, though, especially the more designer collections like Miu Miu, McQ, etc.

So, in summary, Co-Op sale starts earlier than mainline Barney's? Cool. I've got something I need to return, so I guess I'll stop by tomorrow.

joey_formal

Reaction score
for those in the DC area denim bar will be running a sale, discount is not yet set i will update when it is

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by moore.alex2
here are a ton of high end stores with black fri deals...
http://www.sale.com/emails/dept/Blac...romo-code/1101

Why does "Free Shipping on ALL ORDERS!!" fail to really impress me (i.e. - 'we'll ship it the slowest and cheapest way possible!' Urban...******* taint).

Is BiG doing anything for black friday?

El Brigado

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On November 27th from 10am - 12pm EST Brigade is are offering a 40% OFF Flash Sale on the entire store for two hours only, use discount code "thanks40" at checkout . After 12pm and through the rest of the weekend we will have a Thanksgiving discount on the entire store of 25% OFF with discount code "thanks25" . We would like to wish you and yours a Happy thanksgiving and thank you for the support.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ouch. that's 7-9am PST. gotta get up early for deals!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads