• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High cutaway ('windsor') collar shirts

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy shirts with collars that are both cutaway (also known as windsor) AND relatively high-up on the neck? The only cutaway collars I can find are like the blue shirt below, they look great except they need to be an inch higher up on the neck. Not necessarily as extreme as the 19th century guy below, but close to the white shirt below. I have a long neck and also like the classic look of high collars... I hope that doesn't require a custom shirt.
0150022308_1.png
2160a.jpg
fashionJessorig.jpg

card_richelieu

Reaction score
I have the exact same preference. Diverso is good for slim fit OTR. My current choice is MyTailor.com. You can dial up (or down) the height to your heart's content... Many fabrics are as cheap or cheaper then OTR.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, how much is a mytailor shirt in the end? the regualr white fabric sasy 59$, but I'm guessing the end product is more expensive than that?

card_richelieu

Reaction score
Not really. They charge a straight $6 per shirt for customs & about ~ $6 per shirt for shipping (us). That's it on top of your $59 or $139 for that matter. I've requested, for example, double buttons on the collar - no problem & no extra charge.

killercadi

Reaction score
I've bought about five shirts from MyTailor and like them all. YOu can pretty much change any option you want.

card_richelieu

Reaction score
Another option in RTW is Hawes & Curtis. They aren't highly rated on this forum but their York line has a very high collar that is cutaway. They are more of a fashion shirt - most couldn't be used a dress shirt.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you find a time machine and go back to th 1920's store, you'll be sure to find them there.

Corniche

Reaction score
I returned some dress shirt from this forum most hated Hugo Boss ( 80 euros) due to it's 5 cm instead of 3,5cm collar tall.

I´m 1,92 m tall but those collars made me vomit due to my neck form.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into some custom shirt websites and it turns out what makes a collar higher up on the neck is NOT the 'back height' or 'point length' of the visible collar, but actually the "band height" of the collar, i.e. that usually 1'' tall band that has the buttons on it. Mytailor doesn't offer the option to increase that band height... which misleads customers I believe. someone correct me if i'm wrong. If i'm right, can someone recommend a tailor website with ~$60 shirts that DO allow you to ajust band height??

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one for sale in my listings, see below.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads