High-contrast Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tagutcow, Nov 30, 2006.

1. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Hey, I'm a noob, so bear with me. Recently, G Star's "Street Damage" and Energie's "Stevens" jeans were being blown out, but sadly I couldn't buy either because of a lack of resources. Now I am able to buy, but can't find these anywhere.

Does anybody know where I can find these jeans either new or used, or where I can find other high-contrast fade (and low-rise) jeans like these in size 30x30?

I'm currently considering these:

7 jeans:
    [​IMG]
    http://www.rawclothing.com/store/t53006iu.html

and Chip & Pepper

[​IMG]
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2880596/...bo=6007571&P=1

I like the C&Ps, and the sale price is a plus, but I just wish it wasn't distressed.

Slightly different are these "JFour" (is that a knockoff of FiveFour?) jeans on Yoox.
    [​IMG]
    http://www1.yoox.com/item.asp/YOOX/J...221M/areaid/36

The price is right, but the anonymity of the brand worries me a little bit.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Guys,

Be nice...

K

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

[​IMG] Edit: Actually, if you'll notice at the top of the page this forum has coupons for several online retailers. Take a look at those and if you see something you like, you'll be helping us out.

4. Jared

Jared Senior member

[​IMG]
    WTF is with the poses of the Yoox model, anyway?! (Sometimes he even buttons the bottom button. [​IMG])

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

He looks "sassy"[​IMG] No offense, but have you tried looking for them? Nieman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters has 7 jeans, typing the names on ebay bring up stores as well. This isn't really the forum to get a bunch of opinions on those jeans, but i believe you can find 7 forums and such. Also, the links in the stickied thread at the top of the forum should help you. www.revolveclothing.com has the brands you mentioned. I don't think people on this forum really like your jeans, but if you have your heart set on those, you should be able to find them. Good luck

6. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Arn't the Sevens and C&P all set at 33.5 inseem? Just get it hemmed.

7. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Is it just me or is 'high-contrast' exactly the thing you intentionally avoid when trying to find jeans?

8. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

9. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Those are fairly nice looking predistressed jeans...

10. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

[​IMG]

Hehehheheheeee...

11. broady

broady Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

He looks "sassy"[​IMG] No offense, but have you tried looking for them? Nieman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters has 7 jeans, typing the names on ebay bring up stores as well. This isn't really the forum to get a bunch of opinions on those jeans, but i believe you can find 7 forums and such. Also, the links in the stickied thread at the top of the forum should help you. www.revolveclothing.com has the brands you mentioned. I don't think people on this forum really like your jeans, but if you have your heart set on those, you should be able to find them. Good luck
    Yes, I've looked thoroughly for them, including Ebay. I've been checking Urban Outfitters, Revolve, and Nordstrom regularly for the past two or so weeks. I'm hoping some retail outlet still has them in stock. And there seems to be some confusion; I was asking for opinions about the specific jeans I linked to, not the brands 7 and C&P in general. If this is not the forum to ask such questions, I understand. Thanks, Rob P.S. The Yoox guy does look fruity, but I'm not sure "he" isn't a mannequin. (why do you never see his face?)

13. metkirk

metkirk Senior member

You might want to check out Diesel Zathan 89J here

Or if you want extreme contrast, buy a pair of dry jeans and fade them yourself using sand paper. I'd suggest you wear them for a day then start sanding them at the points where they're supposed to fade (honey comb, cat whiskers...)

14. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

You should try Nordstrom Rack. Not sure if they have these specific jeans but they have piles that look just like them, for pretty cheap.

15. thereverend

thereverend Senior member

[​IMG]
    So that spiderman thing, is that from the Billy Squier video that more or less ruined him? I can't remember, but it looks really familiar.