• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Collar with Button

us3r123

Reaction score
I really like how the collar on this shirt looks. It appears as though there is a button from the out of the collar to the inside of the collar. This shirt is a bit much for me, are there other brands with this type of collar?

Ciao.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could get such a shirt at Jantzen.
It is pictured here:
http://www.jantzentailor.com/thelatestshirtsytle.htm

"Model # Dominic, Diagonal Cut, Colored Button Hole and Sewing Thread, Long Button Down Collar ( Extra High ) with 3 Buttons , Deep Cut-away Cuff with 3 Buttons."

I have also seen shirts like that in Moscow. They are for sale in every bigger shopping mall by some italian producer. The name slipped my mind though.

Khnelben

Reaction score
My friend here meant this brand

http://www.vittoriomarchesi.com/Start.aspx

and it's available not only in Moscow (where a VM shop opened several years ago) but throughout Europe.

I have 2 shirts by VM - and YES , you can get a LOT of buttons on your collar and cuff.

Andrey

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Khnelben
My friend here meant this brand

http://www.vittoriomarchesi.com/Start.aspx

and it's available not only in Moscow (where a VM shop opened several years ago) but throughout Europe.

I have 2 shirts by VM - and YES , you can get a LOT of buttons on your collar and cuff.

Andrey

Yep, that's it!

Spasibo bolshoe! ))

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Four button triple collar is where it at....get wit de program.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by us3r123
Anywhere in the states??

Both, Vittorio Marchesi and Jantzen deliver to the states. Jantzen might be a little bit of a gamble, though. You can find a lot about it on the forum.

us3r123

Reaction score
I see that I can order from Virrorio Marchesi and Jantzen, are there any brick and morter botiques that have this type of stuff in Minnesota? Also, Azure, when you say very common in european casual, can you specify any designers(I am nervous purchasing from overseas when I haven't seen in person)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads