• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hide and Sea

hideandsea

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We are Hide and Sea and we are a new street wear label from Melbourne, Australia.

We have heavy influence from the tattoo, skate and hip hop culture.

We are 2 weeks in, currently selling online, with our thread to hit stores in the next coming months.

please check us out on:

www.hideandseadesigns.bigcartel.com

We hope to learn, and to give back through this forum.

Harry

TheOttosauraus

Reaction score
It seems to me that you're not really bringing anything to the table here. Are there plans to expand past just tees?

hideandsea

Reaction score
@TheOttosauraus

Yes most definately. As i said, we are 2 weeks in, beanies are currently getting embroided, aswell as winter stock (crew neck jumpers, hoodies) about a month away

volatile

Reaction score
Feels like you're about ten years late with the aesthetics, I'm afraid. These kind of prints were being sold by awful brands like Atticus and Made back in the mid-2000s. They weren't very good then and they're not very good now.

hideandsea

Reaction score
@volatileA big call from someone who is not an expert and have no interest in this scene!

volatile

Reaction score

@volatileA big call from someone who is not an expert and have no interest in this scene!

Who has no interest in the tattoo scene? Apart from the fact I'm writing a book on the history of tattooing, and am convered in tattoos by some of the best tattooers on the planet? Yeah, what do I know?!

Just trying to say you're putting out clothes friends of mine were wearing better versions of ten years ago, and which several Hot Topic-y brands, like the aforementioned Atticus, Made and Famous were selling to badly-dressed teenagers as far back as, what, 2002?

No disrespect, but your designs are derivative, boring and late.

volatile

Reaction score
Exhibit A:

You.

Zazzle (!)

Cafe Press!

K-Mart.

Toxico

---

You,

Famous Stars and Straps

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads