Hidden inseam

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by why, Jan 15, 2009.

1. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

i dont get whats worng with railroad seams, seems like they would hold the jeans better

2. converge

converge Senior member

I personally like the stealth seams on my APC's.

3. ken

ken Banned by Request

Listen, people. It's called a flat felled seam. Train tracks are the fades jeans get from a busted outseam rubbing against the leg. Ya'll are making this place look bad.

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Damn straight a whole thread about this! If you don't want to read it then fuck off.

Truly an original answer. I can't wait to see how you try to respond to the fact that you started a thread a newbie would be reamed for creating on the simple basis that the dumbfuck hadn't done his homework before making the purchase. For someone so consistently condescending and "know-it-all," you sure did a proper job of making yourself look like a tool.

Hell, even your original post reeks of a prepubescent girl crying at her birthday party about how the Barbie her mom bought her came with strawberry-scented hair instead of vanilla.

Oh, but sure, I don't have to read this thread. Yeah, and while I'm at it I won't slow down the next time I pass by a ten-car pileup on the freeway. [​IMG]

5. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Listen, people. It's called a flat felled seam. Train tracks are the fades jeans get from a busted outseam rubbing against the leg. Ya'll are making this place look bad.

THANK YOU!

6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Truly an original answer. I can't wait to see how you try to respond to the fact that you started a thread a newbie would be reamed for creating on the simple basis that the dumbfuck hadn't done his homework before making the purchase. For someone so consistently condescending and "know-it-all," you sure did a proper job of making yourself look like a tool.

Hell, even your original post reeks of a prepubescent girl crying at her birthday party about how the Barbie her mom bought her came with strawberry-scented hair instead of vanilla.

Oh, but sure, I don't have to read this thread. Yeah, and while I'm at it I won't slow down the next time I pass by a ten-car pileup on the freeway. [​IMG]

Quick rundown-->

Why: retort

Whodini: retortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretortretort

Me: le sigh

7. why

why Senior member

Crybaby? I said I like the jeans.

I know it sucks to be such a bitch in real life, but don't bring your problems onto this forum.

8. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

the first and third pictures show the cheapest method of sewing seams, they are done in one operation.
    the second shows a seam thats takes two operations [costs more].
    the most costly method is the flat seam that is pressed open inside four operations costs still more.

you can see that more expensive seam construction by looking at the inside of your dress trousers not your khakis.

9. ken

ken Banned by Request

the first and third pictures show the cheapest method of sewing seams, they are done in one operation.
    the most costly method is the flat seam that is pressed open inside four operations costs still more.

I was going to say this but wasn't 100% positive, so I held off... until now:

flat felled seams are a sign of crappy jeans. They're everywhere because manufacturers have automagic folders that automate the process. They're not as stong as the serged busted seam that's stitched on top of itself (can't remember what it's called) that's standard on quality jeans. Flat felled seams are avoided on highly loaded items.

Some uber-cheap jeans will use flat-felled seams on the inseam AND outseam.

Hey everybody, guess what? APC uses flat-felled seams.

10. Bam!ChairDance

hehe, yes they do. I noticed that on my grey ones.

And I like how that anti-apc manifesto you hinted at is now arriving in small spurts.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Crybaby? I said I like the jeans.

I know it sucks to be such a bitch in real life, but don't bring your problems onto this forum.

You really do have a problem defending yourself on putdowns, huh? Now say something clever like, "WHOdini? More like BITCHdini."

12. Bam!ChairDance

13. why

why Senior member

I was going to say this but wasn't 100% positive, so I held off... until now: flat felled seams are a sign of crappy jeans. They're everywhere because manufacturers have automagic folders that automate the process. They're not as stong as the serged busted seam that's stitched on top of itself (can't remember what it's called) that's standard on quality jeans. Flat felled seams are avoided on highly loaded items. Some uber-cheap jeans will use flat-felled seams on the inseam AND outseam. Hey everybody, guess what? APC uses flat-felled seams.
    Both those jeans I pictured had retail prices above $280. (Whodini: Seriously, take a hint and get out of this thread. As much fun as it is to be a dick on the Internet, do it in DT or something.)

14. why

why Senior member

you can see that more expensive seam construction by looking at the inside of your dress trousers not your khakis.

The first and second are the same pair of jeans, as are the third and fourth.

15. Using Technology

Using Technology Senior member

has ken ever given his APC alternatives?