• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HickeyStyle, ouch

dave

Reaction score
XL for sure. I have a couple of the XLs and I'm roughly the same measurements. My one complaint is that the sleeves are almost too short for me. I have arms like a monkey though so you may not have the same issue.

flyjordan

Reaction score
i typically wear a 35 in. sleeve.
Are you sure an XL wont look like a garbage bag on me? When I tuck it in?

dave

Reaction score
I would guess not but I have a couple of inches on you in the chest and waist so it's tough to say. I couldn't possibly fit in a Large though.

titojackson

Reaction score
Well, I couldn't outsmart the system. After clicking, "check out" all the prices were updated up to the $118 price tag and there is no way I'm paying that much.

Anyone have any idea why they knocked the prices back up? It doesn't look like anything new was added (though, they did add mediums I noticed to some of the solid shirts that are pretty much gone now). Too many people buying their clothes at an appropriate price-point maybe?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyjordan
So on the topic of Hickey, how do their shirts fit? I am 6'3'', with a 44 inch chest and a 33 inch waist. I like my clothes to fit, but not to be too tight and i like to wear shirts both tucked in, and untucked....... Would I need a large or an XL?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hm...are you sure about those measurements? They're not very consistent with the info you're posting in BC, but if they're really legit you're going to want a large. XL shirts measure about 47" in the chest and aren't that slim through the body. I posted a pic with one a few months ago, the XL fits reasonably well.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by titojackson
Well, I couldn't outsmart the system. After clicking, "check out" all the prices were updated up to the $118 price tag and there is no way I'm paying that much.

Anyone have any idea why they knocked the prices back up? It doesn't look like anything new was added (though, they did add mediums I noticed to some of the solid shirts that are pretty much gone now). Too many people buying their clothes at an appropriate price-point maybe?

Their items have been on sale for months. They may've figured everyone who was going to buy them on discount already did so and raised the prices for new unassuming buyers

djs488

Reaction score
Well, just so everyone knows, I'm posting the measurements of my medium.

Neck: 16"
Chest (Pit-to-Pit): 22.75"
Sleeves: 26.5"
Shoulders: 17.25"
Length (top to bottom, front): 29"
Waist (slimmest part of shirt): 20.5"
Armhole width at shoulders: 10.5"

For anyone who has these shirts, do they shrink significantly?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Yeah I would for sure need a small. Hope go snag some if they ever go down to the 59.00 dollar price point.

djs488

Reaction score
sorry to bring up an old thread, but just thought I'd vent about hickey's return policy. I tried to return two shirts I bought in a size medium for a size small, and was notified that they didn't have that style in small. the website still lists the small as available, however. furthermore, the instore credit they give me expires in 2 months. kinda lame.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh that sucks. Did you question them about the discrepancy on their website??

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
furthermore, the instore credit they give me expires in 2 months. kinda lame.
Were these sale price items?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads