• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hickey freeman suit

scottmag

Reaction score
Can I get some feedback on this particular suit? (Thank you to The_Foxx for providing the link.) I called to ask about it and was only told that it is a three-button, despite what it shows on the web page, and it is the Canterbury cut which has a more natural shoulder than the Boardroom cut. I do not know anything about Hickey freeman suits and don't know how I can tell if it is fused or not. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. http://www.hickeyfreeman.com/hfstyle...31306542&cp=16 Scott

donlipa

Reaction score
I don't know how you feel about buying a suit on ebay, but for a little bit more (~$800-$900) you can get a new Oxxford or Isaia suit. In my opinion that would be way more bang for the buck.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*tenting fingers like Mr. Burns* exxxcellent.... a good choice, but I have to agree with the last post...for roughly $700 you COULD opt to buy a suit on ebay. if you aren't comfortable with that, I would check www.bluefly.com again JUST before you actually order your suit, to see if there might be a real steal. if you decide on the hickey freeman, I think you will be very pleased; hopefully, you checked out the story/ pictures of how every HF suit is constructed and sewn. the boardroom model MAY have a superior cloth or more squared shoulders, but.....hey, you could always call the experts at the store in NYC at Hickey Freeman (212) 586-6481 (the staff is very helpful, i think). PS when you decide on a suit and take it to a competant tailor for alterations, you might ask about your measurements (shoulders, chest, etc.), and write down all the measurements of the jacket and trousers (see the post on 'measuring for ebay') once they fit you properly. this should give you all the ammunition you need.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a double breasted Hickey Freeman suit I bought in 1992 and have worn quite a lot. It still looks good and is holding up well. Seems to me that speaks of quality.

Kai

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads