1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hickey Freeman Mechanized full canvas or not?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by spence, Feb 21, 2012.

1. spence

spence Senior member

Picked up a lightweight navy blazer from STP. Antique bronze buttons. Grey interior label says "Hickey Freeman" with the HF logo above in the same script as on their website. Model is "Mechanized". Retail on the tag is 995.00.

It's not a LTD but doesn't necessarily feel like it's fully canvassed like my other HF jackets are. Does anyone know what the construction on this coat is? With the coupon it was $275 but if it's fused it's going back...

thanks - spence

2. dks202

dks202 Senior member

"Mechanized" doesn't sound good but $275 is still a good price for a decent ( not good or great) navy blazer. Try calling HF, they have always been very helpful. Let us know the results of your call !

3. spence

spence Senior member

Took a closer look and I'm not even sure it's 1/2 canvassed. Surprised at the 1000 dollar retail.

4. thisisfun

thisisfun Active Member

The mechanized line is a bit older, I believe they're supposed to be half-canvassed.

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

test it out yourself. Can you feel it?

6. spence

spence Senior member

Yes, feels 1/2 canvassed. It's light though so there's not a lot going on.

For the record, and not that anyone really cares, but I did decide to keep it. The fit, especially in the arms and shoulders is really quite good and I while I have several navy coats none is a traditional blazer. Will make a good coat to stuff in the luggage in my business rotation. I've been traveling with some nicer coats quite a bit and it's showing.

thanks-

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012