Hickey Freeman Handsewn model

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Mar 8, 2005.

1. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

Well, anyone who's read this far ought to know the other gem (well, kind of) in that same FB is a Borrelli 6x2 tweed suit in size 38R. Very country, to quote our favorite Frenchman, but also very well made. Unfortunately, it will run $1100 with the sale, but that's comparable to EBay prices.

2. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

anything in size 43R?

3. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

Nothing you would be interested. The best suits at that particular FB are Hickey Freeman. No Kiton. [​IMG]

4. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

I have read at least a million threads where johnny promises to "post pics soon" and never does. johnnynorman3 = biggest tease on the SF. [​IMG]

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Color me surprised.  In general, that Filene's is a complete dump (although I bought a nice RLPL cashmere sweater there once).  Do you recall seeing anything good in 40R?

6. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

Afraid not. The one on Conn Ave is still far superior. That's what makes the HF hand tailored and Borrelli stand out even more. I think I'm like you and waiting for the Bergdorf shipment in a coupla' weeks.

7. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

A tease? Me? I was wondering when someone was going to call me on that. [​IMG] It's tough taking pics when you get home at night and your camera doesn't work and you can't figure out the auto timer, etc. I'm not too keen on asking the wife to take modeling shots, so I'm on my own. This one though, at the very least I can take pictures of the handwork, and I think I've figured out my auto timer. Seriously, pics will be posted for this one. Seriously they will. As for the Borrelli, is that thing still even there? I thought someone had bought that. Great suit (too small for me though), though I think it's missing the sleeve buttons, and that's a big pain in the ass with a double breasted that has pretty unique color buttons.

8. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

The HF store in NY will carry the Edward. They will also have swatches for getting mtm. Price (depending on who answers the phone) 2300/2800 - 4000..

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

jn3, I doubt that suit will get you into Nobu. Â I think you should flip it on eBay. Â [​IMG]

10. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

[​IMG] No way, man. My closet has Oxxford, Purple Label/St. Andrews, premium cloth Zegna Sartorial, and Chan suits in it. This HF is by far the nice suit I own -- it's worth at least $1000 to me. If Nobu doesn't let me in, I'll head a little further uptown to Union Square Cafe.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Nobu is highly overrated anyway. I even like Ubon more, and it really is just a noodle shop. Union Square cafe is way better. BTW, this in NYC only. I'm not sure a suit of any type, unless you are George Hamilton, is going to get you into *any* place special in L.A.

12. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

A tease? Me? I was wondering when someone was going to call me on that. [​IMG] It's tough taking pics when you get home at night and your camera doesn't work and you can't figure out the auto timer, etc. I'm not too keen on asking the wife to take modeling shots, so I'm on my own. This one though, at the very least I can take pictures of the handwork, and I think I've figured out my auto timer. Seriously, pics will be posted for this one. Seriously they will.

Sorry to resurrect this 14 month old thread, but the description of this very special HF gave me a Pavlovian response and I'd really like to see it. Were any pics ever posted, or was it just a tease afterall?

13. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Sorry to resurrect this 14 month old thread, but the description of this very special HF gave me a Pavlovian response and I'd really like to see it. Were any pics ever posted, or was it just a tease afterall?

I'm pretty sure that he eventually posted the pics. Yep, just found it.

Hickey hand-tailored

14. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I revised my links, if you click them you can see my HF handmade.
    I like it a lot, almost as much as I like it, the lamb

15. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Thanks. Truly gorgeous suits. Doesn't look anything like my three HFs (two Boardroom, one Canterbury).

Are these handsewn models called Rochester or Edward?