1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hickey Freeman Handsewn model

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Mar 8, 2005.

1. regularjoe

regularjoe Senior member

Afraid not. The one on Conn Ave is still far superior. That's what makes the HF hand tailored and Borrelli stand out even more. I think I'm like you and waiting for the Bergdorf shipment in a coupla' weeks.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

A tease? Me? I was wondering when someone was going to call me on that. [​IMG] It's tough taking pics when you get home at night and your camera doesn't work and you can't figure out the auto timer, etc. I'm not too keen on asking the wife to take modeling shots, so I'm on my own. This one though, at the very least I can take pictures of the handwork, and I think I've figured out my auto timer. Seriously, pics will be posted for this one. Seriously they will. As for the Borrelli, is that thing still even there? I thought someone had bought that. Great suit (too small for me though), though I think it's missing the sleeve buttons, and that's a big pain in the ass with a double breasted that has pretty unique color buttons.

3. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

The HF store in NY will carry the Edward. They will also have swatches for getting mtm. Price (depending on who answers the phone) 2300/2800 - 4000..

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

jn3, I doubt that suit will get you into Nobu. Â I think you should flip it on eBay. Â [​IMG]

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

[​IMG] No way, man. My closet has Oxxford, Purple Label/St. Andrews, premium cloth Zegna Sartorial, and Chan suits in it. This HF is by far the nice suit I own -- it's worth at least $1000 to me. If Nobu doesn't let me in, I'll head a little further uptown to Union Square Cafe.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Nobu is highly overrated anyway. I even like Ubon more, and it really is just a noodle shop. Union Square cafe is way better. BTW, this in NYC only. I'm not sure a suit of any type, unless you are George Hamilton, is going to get you into *any* place special in L.A.

7. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

A tease? Me? I was wondering when someone was going to call me on that. [​IMG] It's tough taking pics when you get home at night and your camera doesn't work and you can't figure out the auto timer, etc. I'm not too keen on asking the wife to take modeling shots, so I'm on my own. This one though, at the very least I can take pictures of the handwork, and I think I've figured out my auto timer. Seriously, pics will be posted for this one. Seriously they will.

Sorry to resurrect this 14 month old thread, but the description of this very special HF gave me a Pavlovian response and I'd really like to see it. Were any pics ever posted, or was it just a tease afterall?

8. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Sorry to resurrect this 14 month old thread, but the description of this very special HF gave me a Pavlovian response and I'd really like to see it. Were any pics ever posted, or was it just a tease afterall?

I'm pretty sure that he eventually posted the pics. Yep, just found it.

Hickey hand-tailored

9. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I revised my links, if you click them you can see my HF handmade.
    I like it a lot, almost as much as I like it, the lamb

10. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Thanks. Truly gorgeous suits. Doesn't look anything like my three HFs (two Boardroom, one Canterbury).

Are these handsewn models called Rochester or Edward?

11. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Thanks. Truly gorgeous suits. Doesn't look anything like my three HFs (two Boardroom, one Canterbury).

Are these handsewn models called Rochester or Edward?

The HF hand-tailored that I have is called an Edward and it is nothing like my other HFs either.

12. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Here are some more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seok ended up with this suit, if memory serves me.

13. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This suit appears to have a much higher gorge than johnnynorman3's suit. Is this the Edward model, whereas his is the Rochester? (I'm still trying to figure out the difference between these two.)

Here is johnnynorman3's suit:

[​IMG]

14. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Senior member

H-F makes a hand sewn suit called "Hand Tailored."

It's sold in a limited number of stores in RTW, such as the two H-F stores and Bergdorf. I would assume that all H-F vendors could order it MTM.

15. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

H-F makes a hand sewn suit called either "Hand Tailored" or "Hand Sewn."

Are you saying some are called "Hand Tailored" and some "Hand Sewn," or are they all labeled "Hand Tailored" as in this picture:

[​IMG]

16. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

That suit was specially made for a Bergdorf photo shoot, which could have something to do with the cut, I am not certain. It's no longer in my posession so I've no way of checking which model it is.

17. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I don't have pictures of mine that I can post (yet, maybe i'll get some soon), but the gorge height on mine is more similar to the one on johnnynorman than to the one A. Harris posted, but it has the same exact label that A Harris posted.

EDIT Here we go, found the picture:

[​IMG]

18. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Senior member

I stand corrected.

The H-F handmade suits say "Hand Tailored" on the H-F label.

They're beautiful suits.

Believe it or not, H-F regular suits were pretty much handmade in the same manner until about a decade or so ago. More and more machine work and mass production techniques creep-in to keep market share and keep the prices level. As a result the regular H-F suit ("The Collection") is by and large a machine made suit although a well made and stylish suit.

19. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

I don't have pictures of mine that I can post (yet, maybe i'll get some soon), but the gorge height on mine is more similar to the one on johnnynorman than to the one A. Harris posted, but it has the same exact label that A Harris posted.

EDIT Here we go, found the picture:

[​IMG]

Thanks for posting a pic of yours. Incredibly nice looking suit. I hope I can find one of these someday. In the meantime, I'll just have to be satisfied with my "run of the mill" Hickey-Freemans. [​IMG]