• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hickey Freeman Hand-Tailored pics

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of the shots didn't come out. Â And Imageshack is acting weird (uploading some but not all of the pics). Â But I've given some up close shots of the stitching and fabric, and also a straight on shot of me. Â As you can see, I'll probably want to take in the waist an inch (right?), but other than that it fits like a glove. Â I wish I could have taken a good side shot, but they just didn't come out right. Â The coat is double vented though (with pattern matching at all seams). Hand-felled collar with fabric folded under:pic 1 Hand-stitched lining (pic inaccurate as to fabric color).pic 3 Straight-on shot of me wearing the suit. Â Pretty accurate of fabric color. Â You can see the lapel rolling over the top button. Â [Unironed shirt by Jantzen -- with no collar stays in. -- dark green tie by Hickey Freeman. pic 2 No pics of the pants. Â But they are double pleated (not that deep of pleats) and have a fob. Â Quarter pockets, belt loops, braces buttons. Â Less baggy than a typical Hickey suit. Â Not so much different in cut than my Purple Label suit pants, though with a slightly lower rise. Â Best OTR suit pants I've had the pleasure of wearing Edited because I'm an idiot.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll see in the pic that I'm leaning a bit to the right, which is why the right shoulder is a bit lower. A bad habit of mine, thanks to golf.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Alan. I wish I were a better photographer. The shot of me is taken at a very slight angle. You can notice this because the jacket doesn't perfectly line up with the crotch of the pants (but in real life it does).

It does fit incredibly well. If I took a pic of the back, you'd see that there is no excess fabric under the collar at all. Only my MTM suits have fit that precisely in that area.

johnw86

Reaction score
I agree about bringing in the waist, at least as it shows in the photo. Otherwise, a good fit and a good buy.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The closeup detail pics are horribly out of focus. Unfortunately, most digital cams with autofocus tend to do this sort of thing.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Looks pretty darn good to me. Really RTW, no alterations?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty darn good to me.  Really RTW, no alterations?
Yep.

Sorry, Alias. What I should have done was do a far away shot and then use picture edit software to zoom in. I'll do that later and post again.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bump to make sure that all those who doubted that I would post pics see that I did.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect for the hoedown. Â
tounge.gif
 Seriously, nice suit.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be applying for a legal position at the Department of Agriculture next year and thought it'd be just perfect.
smile.gif

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice-looking suit. I like the fabric.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simply a wonderful good buy. Modrately tight shoulders with a little waist nip, and just enough flair at the waist so that the hip fits very well.
How I wish I could find anything close to that fit for full price.
The fabric appears to be equally striking - just a bit of shine -
but maybe that is the camera flash. If it is, you will look great in the press release photos.

And to think, just a plain old American Made Hickey.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads