• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hickey Freeman at Neiman Marcus Last Call

vinnyland

Reaction score
Quick search for full canvas suits on a budget, I came across Hickey Freeman. There is a local Neiman Marcus Last Call outlet store that carries these suits. Was wondering how the construction and quality is on these suits? Full canvass? Here is what I'm talking about.

http://www.lastcall.com/p/Hickey-Fr...nements%3D&eItemId=prod19130002&cmCat=product

For the record, Im 5'7'' and wear a 36 short. I have one ThickAsThieves suit (grey) and two JCrew Ludlow suits (blue & black) and would like to further expand on my wardrobe. Im a graduate student so the price point for a HF suit is what catches my eye. Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vincent

kpsunil

Reaction score
as far as I know, the Lindsey brand is not full canvas. I think I heard it on this forum. Please search for the relevant key words.

Today, NMLC has 4-5 new HF jackets added to the inventory but they don't say Lindsey. Does that mean the new ones are full canvas? I am not sure. Shipping is free and if you have a local NMLC close to you, you can always return it if it fails the pinch test. I have only 1 full canvas jacket and I can easily tell that it is full canvas by the pinch test. So order it and if you think it is full canvas, keep it.

frybri22

Reaction score
The Lindsey line is made for the outlets. It's the same suit as the Addison with two exceptions.

1. The Addison has a full canvas and the Lindsey has a half canvas.

2. The Addison is typically made of Super 150's (Loro Piana) wool and the Lindsey is made of worsted wool.

If you can find a Lindsey at the outlets for under $500 its a great suit. Otherwise the Addison will run you around $1,500.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads