1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Hi Time Wine, great wine/spirits shop

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by drizzt3117, Nov 16, 2004.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

For those of you in this area interested in wine, spirits, or beer, I would recommend checking out Hi Time Wine, which is on Ogle street in Costa Mesa. This enormous complex has a gigantic wine cellar, a refrigerated area with thousands of beers, and a well stocked spirits section with almost every scotch and vodka in existence. Prices are also very very competitive with Costco and Beverages and More.

2. johnw86

johnw86 Senior member

I've seen the ads for Hi Time when I've been in Costa Mesa and have been intrigued, but haven't been there.

I'm jealous of you--even on lower priced wines, I'm paying $2-3 more per bottle. (An $11 wine in Ohio is typically $8-9 in California.) We've got some of the weirdest liquor laws on the planet--and shipping from out of state is illegal unless it goes through a licensed middleman in Ohio...

3. Oltmann

Oltmann Senior member

Thanks for the tip.

I had heard of the place before, but this post gave me the impetus to check it out.

The wine cellar is pretty astounding, but I just ended up overwhelmed and grabbed the rest of the Samuel Smith Imperial Stout and left.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, that place is pretty badass, almost every spirit, wine, and beer that you could use in one place, with great prices, what more can you ask for.