• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi - does this jacket fit me well?

awolo1

Reaction score
Hi all

Firstly I'm new to the site although I have been a guest for a number of years.

Anyway I recently purchased a Barbour Waxed Jacket (Huntsman).

I can't work out whether it fits me well - or is too big. It is roomy but what do you think?

[[ removed images as have got my answers... ]]

Views feedback welcomed. Be as blunt as you want.

P.S - Sorry for the baggy jeans.

Many thanks
awolo1

Last edited:

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too big
Also show with arms down
Will work functionally if layering

awolo1

Reaction score
Hi ,thanks for your feedback. I would not layer, as I would get too hot too quick!

Last edited:

AmericanGent

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Too big. It kinda makes you look like a chubby American guy (like me) who wears big coats to cover the fact that he is getting fat.
Barbour is beautiful stuff- perhaps you can take it back and try a few sizes?

For future reference- you will get more traffic if you post questions like this in existing threads, like
http://www.styleforum.net/t/164402/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-ask-all-quick-questions-here/14295

Or for more casual items like this the readers on the streetwear side of the forum may be of assistance.

http://www.styleforum.net/f/13/streetwear-and-denim

The Classic Menswear side of the forum is more focused on business attire, suits, ties and the like.

Last edited:

awolo1

Reaction score
I've removed the images now as thats two people who agree. problem is barbour don't have many stores local to me, there is one, I'll try and get down there tomorrow. I agree that the coat is beautiful but it's like tent and yes I look fat in it.

Cheers

AmericanGent

Reaction score
Too bad- best of luck. You'll be much happier in the end if you feel confident with the fit of your clothes, so it will be worth the hassle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads