1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hi allneed help with boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sjimison, Sep 30, 2003.

1. sjimison

sjimison Member

Hi all, I'm looking for a pair of black boots, something with a rubber sole, that I can kick around in jeans in and that will last 5 years and still look good. Â 200-250 is the top of my range. Â I like these from Pliner: Donal J. Pliner Barnes These Eccos (although they may be too sporty) Ecco Track II and these Cole Haans that might be more classic: cole haans I appreciate everyones help and additional suggestions. Â I'm a bit lost.

2. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

It seems to me that none of these have leather soles. They all look like sh*tkickers to me - which are fine. I've found that there are three levels of boots - dress boots (for lack of a better term), timberland-type boots (into which category I would put the aforementioned) and snow boots (I haven't found a better brand than Sorel). Your desciption sounds like you're looking for Chelsea boots. Check these out, from Bluefly: Moreschi A Testoni

3. sjimison

sjimison Member

I meant rubber sole. Mea culpa. I fixed the original post. I dont have a black pair of shoes that I can wear in the rain except for my Ken Coles but thats because I don't care about them and I want them to die.

4. davei

davei Senior member

Yikes. 5 years would really be pushing it, especially if you plan on wearing them hard. I have a 5 year old pair of Blundstones (www.blundstone.com) but I've had them resoled once.