Hi allneed help with boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sjimison, Sep 30, 2003.

1. sjimison

sjimison Member

Hi all, I'm looking for a pair of black boots, something with a rubber sole, that I can kick around in jeans in and that will last 5 years and still look good. Â 200-250 is the top of my range. Â I like these from Pliner: Donal J. Pliner Barnes These Eccos (although they may be too sporty) Ecco Track II and these Cole Haans that might be more classic: cole haans I appreciate everyones help and additional suggestions. Â I'm a bit lost.

2. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

It seems to me that none of these have leather soles. They all look like sh*tkickers to me - which are fine. I've found that there are three levels of boots - dress boots (for lack of a better term), timberland-type boots (into which category I would put the aforementioned) and snow boots (I haven't found a better brand than Sorel). Your desciption sounds like you're looking for Chelsea boots. Check these out, from Bluefly: Moreschi A Testoni

3. sjimison

sjimison Member

I meant rubber sole. Mea culpa. I fixed the original post. I dont have a black pair of shoes that I can wear in the rain except for my Ken Coles but thats because I don't care about them and I want them to die.

4. davei

davei Senior member

Yikes. 5 years would really be pushing it, especially if you plan on wearing them hard. I have a 5 year old pair of Blundstones (www.blundstone.com) but I've had them resoled once.