1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HF: CANTERBURY

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Jun 21, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Guys,

What is the average drop size for CANTERBURY model of HF sportscoats? I have V shape torso and I found this beautiful 2 button HF in size 43R (my size), but I am wondering if this jacket has too much room in the waist.

Thanks.

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Drop 6. You'll need a bit taken in.

3. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Actually, I believe the drop is 5. On the HF Canterbury and old Boardroom models, the drop on suits sized 43 and higher is 5. I am certain as it related to the Boardroom since I am wearing one 43R right now (my waist is 35/36, so I needed a lot of adjustments). Pretty sure as it relates to the C-bury.

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

That might be true regarding the drop between pant and coat size. But I think the coat will still be a Drop 6, which means that it will have the same chest to waist taper as, say, a 40R Canterbury.

In any event, I think the Canterbury is supposed to be more of a columnar silhouette, with slightly narrower shoulders than a typical Boardroom model. From what know from trying on Canterbury models, this makes it somewhat easier to take in the middle without destroying the intended silhouette.