• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hey Ya Cover

nelly

Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with fashion, but this is awesome:

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another Youtube treat: Tea Partay. Old school prepsters representatin' the trad lifestyle.

Word.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nelly
I know this has nothing to do with fashion, but this is awesome:

Much better than the original in my opinion

K

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the 'slow' version is very good. But to say that it is better than the original isn't really being fair - the original was a funky jolly tune that was great fun to listen to. Even though the song is the 'same', the two versions are different enough to be judged separately. Without the original, there wouldn't be the 'cover'.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am amused when white people try to claim that they are "down" with black culture because they listen to OutKast.

nelly

Reaction score
I think he sounds a lot like Jason Mraz

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Which of these artists claimed to be "down with black culture"?
Are we not allowed to listen to music by other races? And then possibly derive enjoyment from this listening?
And then possibly cover their songs?

I agree, though, if someone ever actually says "I am down with [whatever] culture", they are pretty lame.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I agree, though, if someone ever actually says "I am down with [whatever] culture", they are pretty lame.
I'm not referring to this artist. I have heard several yuppies claim that they are "down", though, citing OutKast as evidence.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I'm not referring to this artist. I have heard several yuppies claim that they are "down", though, citing OutKast as evidence.

I have a hard time believing that there are scores of "yuppies" wandering around and affirmatively proclaiming that they are "down" with "black culture" while openly citing OutKast as evidence.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It may have been a series of dreams. Sometimes I imagine straw men while I sleep and direct all my hateful energies at them.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
It may have been a series of dreams. Sometimes I imagine straw men while I sleep and direct all my hateful energies at them.
Better than nightmares about Imperialist Snakes on a [5-year] Plan.

This reminds me of the great cover of "Last Caress" by Aerial M. Though the bird sounds in the background of that one give it a slight edge. I enjoyed emo Hey Ya a lot though.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Better than nightmares about Imperialist Snakes on a [5-year] Plan.

Hahahahaha

As far as Kent's yuppies go, I'd be wary of anyone who claimed to be "down" with anything.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40