Hey, it's an Oxxford Crest suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Dec 13, 2004.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

This is the first time I've seen one of these posted, and in a popular size to boot. Â Betcha the seller would take a lower price when it doesn't sell for the asking price...be sure to check the jacket length http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....35&rd=1

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Filenes Basement dowtown Boston has a few Oxxford crest in stock in the 42 - 46R range, and they are currently $750 I believe.

3. Horace

Horace Senior member

Is the 3rd button meant to button in this model or has the seller tweaked it?

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

It looks to me like it is meant to have only the middle button done. And I don't know why so many ebay sellers insist on doing the bottom button, but they should really be put in style jail for it.

5. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I hate pleats. Stupid question but can pleated pants be made flat front without screwing them up?

6. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I really do NOT like the Oxxford Crest model. Specifically, I think the extended shoulder is ridiculous, especially when coupled with the extreme waist suppression and longer coat. I think you will find a lot of Crest models at the discounters since I do not think they are selling to the typical Oxxford customer. I believe Jack Simpson was behind the development of the Crest. I recently heard that Oxxford ended its relationship with Simpson about two weeks ago. Can anyone confirm this?

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Well, I think extended shoulder, very shapely chest, and supressed waist is amazing. So, there you go... [​IMG] Basically RLPL with more waist supression is my ideal style.