1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hey, it's an Oxxford Crest suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Dec 13, 2004.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

This is the first time I've seen one of these posted, and in a popular size to boot. Â Betcha the seller would take a lower price when it doesn't sell for the asking price...be sure to check the jacket length http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....35&rd=1

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

Filenes Basement dowtown Boston has a few Oxxford crest in stock in the 42 - 46R range, and they are currently $750 I believe.

3. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

Is the 3rd button meant to button in this model or has the seller tweaked it?

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

It looks to me like it is meant to have only the middle button done. And I don't know why so many ebay sellers insist on doing the bottom button, but they should really be put in style jail for it.

5. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

I hate pleats. Stupid question but can pleated pants be made flat front without screwing them up?

6. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

I really do NOT like the Oxxford Crest model. Specifically, I think the extended shoulder is ridiculous, especially when coupled with the extreme waist suppression and longer coat. I think you will find a lot of Crest models at the discounters since I do not think they are selling to the typical Oxxford customer. I believe Jack Simpson was behind the development of the Crest. I recently heard that Oxxford ended its relationship with Simpson about two weeks ago. Can anyone confirm this?

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

Well, I think extended shoulder, very shapely chest, and supressed waist is amazing. So, there you go... [​IMG] Basically RLPL with more waist supression is my ideal style.