• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey, how's everyone feeling about the election?

Randy Jones

Reaction score
Seems like it has been going on forever! I just came across this interesting ad on You Tube and wondered if anyone else has seen it:

Talk about a puzzle! If I am a small business owner, am I considered "rich" at 250K (Obama) or 150K (Biden)? And do we really want to piece together the Jimmy Carter puzzle again (gas lines, weak foreign policy, 21% interest rates, 15% mortgages, etc.). Personally, Obama may look good on the outside, but when you look beyond the puzzle, it's scarier than a demon on Halloween.

Anyway, was curious to know others' thoughts.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't it a little late to be campaigning?

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its closer than the Obama camp likes to admit which is why the liberal media is calling it a landslide with the intention of making the reps think their vote doesnt matter and hoping they dont get out and vote on tuesday.

My state (pa) is looking to be somewhat of a major factor so i'll def be out giving my support for mccain netxt week.

dl

(awaiting the onslaught of statistics)

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dbl post

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I simply no longer care about the presidential race. I'm focusing on electing my Congressional candidate.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
I think its closer than the Obama camp likes to admit which is why the liberal media is calling it a landslide with the intention of making the reps think their vote doesnt matter and hoping they dont get out and vote on tuesday.
Quite the opposite, actually. People who fervently want Obama to win want everyone to believe the race is anyone's game, lest the little undergrads decide it's in the bag and stay home to smoke a bowl or something instead of going to the polls. Personally, I want to see an LBJ v. Goldwater or Reagan v. Mondale-style landslide, but with voter turnout at Western European levels.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was dissappointed to see only 1 District attorney running (Dem) and only one party (Dem) running for all the county commissioner seats.

At least I got to vote for my favorite Labor Commissioner (they inspect the elevators in this state, and safe elevators are something we can all get behind
inlove.gif
).

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My coworker is of the opinion that everyone loses. he's voting for Mickey Mouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
My coworker is of the opinion that everyone loses. he's voting for Mickey Mouse

Mickey Mouse? I seem to recall something about his voter registration form being fraudulent. Definitely not the kind of man I'd want running the country.
tounge.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Election? Who's running? Anyone I know?

Lucky7

Reaction score
I'll be up bright and early to cast my conservative vote.

kakemono

Reaction score
How do I feel? Insulted by Fox and CNN who relentlessly spin everything to their respective parties and then claim to be the most fair, the most non partisan, and the most balanced news source.

In Tennessee, you cannot write-in a candidate (Mickey Mouse). It goes in the trash - like you never even voted...

thus I will be voting for Chuck Baldwin.

TheGreek

Reaction score
Think the country is going to go down the tubes with a democrat and thier damn social programs,and higher taxes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads