• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey everyone / my small line kopf

mmorales

Reaction score
Hey!

Its been a minute since I have been here, so I got a new name, anyways, I thought I would share with you guys a small tee line im doing here some info:

Most "companies" want you to wear their toungue in cheek, google image print shirts. This is original art, this is a clean concept, and I am no company, simply an artist using a new medium.

http://mauriciomorales.net/kopf/

With more of a focus on concept tee and message, I hope to make kopf a small smart and fresh line for you guys. I worked gettign the site proper and after being kept down by the "man", im back with something you can get at.

Concept: WAR MONGERS KILL US. We live in a time where loyalty is only proven through blind pledge and fear. A war monger is a person who uses war to create doubt. The bones / weapons design connect with the cocnept of war and the bold look will catch eyes.

At 15$ shipped, I hope you'd take a chance on us, we won't let you down.

wartee.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
thanks for sharing, but I have a feeling most on this forum are past simplified political pandering message Ts

honestly, the design is too obvious with lots of cliches thrown in with a layout that's not particularly attractive to look at, at least imo.

It's clear you're trying to get across a message but it's done very unsophisticatedly and ends up looking more like a band tshirt that 15 year olds would have made in 1988

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a familiar message delivered in a familiar way.

Sorry!

There may be a big market for it but not, I suspect, among members of this forum.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the shirt, sorry. My issues with wearing political slogans, whether left or right wing, aside, I find that there are problems with the execution

To be more constructive:

1) There are too many rounded shapes, in the bones, in the brand logo, in the typeface chosen for the word "monger". While you are trying to convey a "hard" message, the overall feel of is cartoonish. The word "War" in bones is especially poorly executed. The "R" is way too cluttered, most obviously. It feels more Scooby Doo than anything else.

2) You have a morningstar or macehead - that is the only obvious weaponry. The rocket is ambiguous. It is not particularly menacing looking, especially in light of (1). You could be doing an Elton John tribute, for all it says.

3) The "Kill Us" Tag is interesting, but Graffiti inspired tees are sort of old news, and it is incongruous with the rest of the graphics anyway. Nor do the random paint spots add to the design in any way.

mmorales

Reaction score
WHOA? Political slogans LOL. I mean come on.. war mongers can apply to anyone in power - no one specific lol.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmorales
WHOA? Political slogans LOL. I mean come on.. war mongers can apply to anyone in power - no one specific lol.

There is probably no more political a slogan than "I am anti-establishment." And in the current political climate, even if you meant no one in particular, I think that your shirt would be construed one way, and pretty much one way only.

Like I said, however, I see problems with the design, the message notwithstanding. You use 4 bones for the "W" and 5 for the "R". Clutter, clutter, clutter. Maybe be a little different, and look in an anatomy book for pictures of other that straight bones that might make the design a little cleaner and also more interesting. And while you're at it, look at how straight bones actually look like. You are trying to say something concrete. Make your images more detailed and true-to-life.

mmorales

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
There is probably no more political a slogan than "I am anti-establishment." And in the current political climate, even if you meant no one in particular, I think that your shirt would be construed one way, and pretty much one way only.

Like I said, however, I see problems with the design, the message notwithstanding. You use 4 bones for the "W" and 5 for the "R". Clutter, clutter, clutter. Maybe be a little different, and look in an anatomy book for pictures of other that straight bones that might make the design a little cleaner and also more interesting. And while you're at it, look at how straight bones actually look like. You are trying to say something concrete. Make your images more detailed and true-to-life.

I agree and respect tyour opinion, I know a shirt or a piece of art is not for everyone, I just thought I'd share. I actualyl have done medical illustration before, but the style I wanetd to go with is sketchbook, thumbnails not comps.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmorales
I agree and respect tyour opinion, I know a shirt or a piece of art is not for everyone, I just thought I'd share. I actualyl have done medical illustration before, but the style I wanetd to go with is sketchbook, thumbnails not comps.

Fair enough. I think that you could have achieved the effect you wanted with thumbnails, however. You wouldn't need that much detail to tighten up the graphics. imho.

nomovement

Reaction score
I think everyone hated on your work pretty fast. Yes, the graphic is somewhat juvenile; but Is that your composition and your rendering? the white tee on the black, textured background, with the small black tag on the bottomleaking into the tee, the black already in the middle of the tee restlessly trying to make it out? You obvioulsy have some kind of design sense thats being clouded by the desire to comment on our current political environment-maybe fashion doesn't have much to do with politics-maybe art is bigger than politics-maybe art is ****. Look at what you think war mongering is and how you think thats really affecting your life. Can that problem be solved with a tee? iS making another tee a worthwile cause (sure, its fun) but what about that tee is going to make it worth making. Figure out something more than just saying war monger-make an image without using words that is relevant to the medium and then keep qauiet about the content....see if that looks better.

Ott

Reaction score
I think you really have to question whether or not a screenprinted t-shirt is a good place for political expression. Regardless of any artistic merit, it accomplishes jack squat. You've lowered the level discourse to slogans or quickly-digestible soundbites in order to make a buck off some naive teenagers. You deserve to be mocked in the same way as someone wearing a t-shirt that said "**** DEMOC RATS: CUT'N'RUNNERS', or anyone who's ever even thought about wearing a Che t-shirt
tounge.gif

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course, if you wanted to make a statement about whore mongers, all would be forgiven.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
anyone who's ever even thought about wearing a Che t-shirt
tounge.gif

The question is, are those Planet of the Apes/Che shirts played or still cheeky cool?

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
The question is, are those Planet of the Apes/Che shirts played or still cheeky cool?
those were never cool
bored.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
those were never cool
bored.gif

How about the Mickey Mouse Che shirt I saw in Japan? (Che is apparently the noise mice make there)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics