• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey cologne-obsessed dweebs

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just gifted some Issey Miyake "L'eau D'Issey pour Homme". Is this a "sweet cologne, bro"? Is this in anyone's "your top 1 colognes"? Is this is in anyone's "your top 3 colognes"? Did anyone receive this in the annual "StyleForvm cologne swapmeet"? Will this "get me laid, bro"?

Thanks in advance!!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I was just gifted some Issey Miyake "L'eau D'Issey pour Homme". Is this a "sweet cologne, bro"? Is this in anyone's "your top 1 colognes"? Is this is in anyone's "your top 3 colognes"? Did anyone receive this in the annual "StyleForvm cologne swapmeet"? Will this "get me laid, bro"? Thanks in advance!!
Why yes! Yes it will! L'eau is a long laster. Pleasant citrus scent. Easy on the spritzes, start with 2. Chicks love sweeter scents, like One Million, Body Kouros, JPG Le Male, Original Santal.

closetmess

Reaction score
I don't wear cologne often, but when I do, I prefer Preferred Stock.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm, Here's what the guide had to say about it:

*** fizzy lemonade

A zingy little citrus with a weird turmeric astringency, the masculine L'Eau de Issey actually works somewhat better than the feminine, smelling more interestingly dissonant, with that odd herbal intensity that Asian artificial fruit flavors often have. Surprisingly long-lived. Good clean fun, very similar in its hissing pop to DKNY Woman. (Tania Sanchez)

Hmmm, might crack my top 231, but not top-54, unless I tried it and liked it, which is always possible. As for getting laid...rely on your cologne to pull the chicks, and your genes will spread only by lucky accident. That said, I know of a few women who get weak in teh knees for the strangest scents.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a good scent, but you risk being in a place w/ a bathroom attendant where everyone in the place has spritzed themselves with it. It's a classic, which means it's been around a long time and slightly over-done, but it smells good.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by closetmess
I don't wear cologne often, but when I do, I prefer Preferred Stock.
LOL. I might sig this just cause it brings back memories of the preferred stock gift set my mom bought me every x-mas from 1996-2002

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's one of my top four substitutes for Gucci Pour Homme for the "sophisticated" man. Also, it makes you attractive to twinks. (I know this because I am unattractive to twinks. Except when I wear L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme.)

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
issey is pretty good. you could probably do better, though. the good thing is that women won't know the difference between an old spice deodorant stick or a bottle of $100 cologne, anyway.

also, i hate sweet scents on men like one million. they always remind me of sleazy guys who use coconut oil as body moisturizer and wear thick gold necklaces they got on vacation in mexico...the pick-your-own-length ones sold in flea markets. that kind of guy likes smelling like dirty butterscotch and making women nauseous with his fumes.

anyway, carry on w/ issey threak.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Goddammit people I was joaking about getting laid with cologne. Leave it to the Health & Body crowd to not get sarcasm.
frown.gif

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goddammit people I was joaking about getting laid with cologne. Leave it to the Health & Body crowd to not get sarcasm.
frown.gif

Yea right, everyone knows you were hoping this fragrance would lure ***** like the pied piper.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
LOL. I might sig this just cause it brings back memories of the preferred stock gift set my mom bought me every x-mas from 1996-2002

Jeez, I forgot what my grandmother used to give me, but I never, never ever wore it.

Originally Posted by Rambo
If you want to be a real lady killer, check out Kingdom by Alexander McQueen.

Yeah, uh, about that. Hmm, haven't worn that one in a while now...

frown.gif

LOLOLOLOL - tomgirl had you figured out.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ It's true. I lied about it being a gift too. I did extensive research and found this may help me get my kack wet more than any other fragrance. =(

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
the good thing is that women won't know the difference between an old spice deodorant stick or a bottle of $100 cologne, anyway.
[looks at his niche collection, begins to sob]

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
(...) the good thing is that women won't know the difference between an old spice deodorant stick or a bottle of $100 cologne, anyway.(...)

Trust me on this: Mrs. T knows. Most mornings she bitches about what I'm wearing, which she never does about deodorant.

^ It's true. I lied about it being a gift too. I did extensive research and found this may help me get my kack wet more than any other fragrance. =(

O RLY? weird choice, then.

Originally Posted by willpower
[looks at his niche collection, begins to sob]

Can't help you there, man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads