• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hey...can you hand me that...damn! Ooops!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
14,516
Reaction score
233
Astronauts lose two bolts working on space station... http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/sto...09-13-13-15-03 Now, if the good ole' boys at NASCAR make Jeff Gordon come back into the pits if his crew misses a lug nut, how can this be acceptable?
He said that the astronauts simply used three bolts for the task instead of four, and that there shouldn't be a problem with that.
 

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
10,527
Reaction score
5

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
10,478
Slap some duct tape on that puppy, they'll be good to go.
 

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,914
Reaction score
98
Cable ties are the new baling wire - though baling wire will always have its place.

BTW, don't they know that when you work on a space shuttle and a part falls off, it always rolls under the shuttle to the exact center of the universe?
 

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,678
Reaction score
3
I understand from television and cinema that robots fare very well in space, and I understand that frog DNA sometimes allows things to autoreproduce, like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. If one of the astronauts had froglegs and touched one of these bolts before going out into space, then evolution could end up leaving us with a race of superrobots bent on our destruction. It could happen extra fast, too, with all the radiation up there. Bolts have no natural predators in outer space.
 

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
14,516
Reaction score
233
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I understand from television and cinema that robots fare very well in space, and I understand that frog DNA sometimes allows things to autoreproduce, like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. If one of the astronauts had froglegs and touched one of these bolts before going out into space, then evolution could end up leaving us with a race of superrobots bent on our destruction. It could happen extra fast, too, with all the radiation up there. Bolts have no natural predators in outer space.
I respectfully suggest you put down the bong and return to work.
 

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,678
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I respectfully suggest you put down the bong and return to work.


I can't, someone duct-taped it to my hands.


I actually should be doing a lot of work right now, though. Frowns. It's just a lot more fun to post about mutant killer Bolt-Bots.
 

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,914
Reaction score
98
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I can't, someone duct-taped it to my hands.


I actually should be doing a lot of work right now, though. Frowns. It's just a lot more fun to post about mutant killer Bolt-Bots.

Were you at an Edward Bonghands party last night? Be sure to use plastic bongs, glass ones can be really dangerous.
 

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
10,478
Originally Posted by j
Were you at an Edward Bonghands party last night? Be sure to use plastic bongs, glass ones can be really dangerous.
Damn hippies . . .
 

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,678
Reaction score
3
Now THERE's an idea. I did the Edward 40-Hands thing in college, but that's a variation I never encountered.
 

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
2
i love me some Bender.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 53 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,210
Messages
9,230,378
Members
193,759
Latest member
Ronnyjonsson
Top