• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heschung Thuya VS Paraboot Michael - the ultimate shoedown for some ugly shoes (sizing, style, etc).

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear most shoes in a US10 or 10.5, with the exception of some boots in a 9.5 (red wing, timberland 3 eye mocs, visvim grizzly etc) and I could go down to a UK8/US9 in the michaels, assuming they stretched. I found that going true (UK9) was too big, and was able to try the chambord and michael in retail, and found the UK8 was fine. I've yet to try a UK8.5 in the michael, but I think Id go with a UK8 because theyll stretch. Avignon on the other hand, I think I'd prefer a UK8.5. My opinion is that you'd be fine going down another half size.

Unrelated but these paraboot x filmelange Chimey were always amazing to me

1643264393353.png

Last edited:

slimster

Reaction score
I really liked the clean look and the vibram sole of these Mr P but the back of the shoe is weirdly low/shallow and hardly grips the heel of the foot at all. Unfortunately going to have to return them and look for something else.

Attachments

• 643EDD3E-73F1-466F-8EA6-8258CA6918E5.jpeg
    643EDD3E-73F1-466F-8EA6-8258CA6918E5.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 538

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another sizing Q for the crew:

Just bought my first pair of Michaels after many years of consideration. I went down half a size from my regular 45eu, but fresh out the box there's just a liiiittle slippage in the heel and I still feel like there's some room in the toe box. With the shoes on, tied, wearing "medium" thick socks - flexing my toes brings them up to just before the curve of the top seam at the front of the shoe. I could definitely wear them, but wonder if I'd be better going down another .5eu in size...

I know the general consensus is that the french wear their shoes with their toes basically touching the front of the shoe so my question for the Michael owners in this thread is... how have you guys found them to fit most comfortably in the long run? No-to-little room in the toe box or with a centimeter or two gap to the front?

I try to get mine to fit like any other shoes. I can't stand that advice of buying them tight and stretching out, it's really painful. Maybe if you wear them as one of 3 pairs of shoes that you own and break them in the French countryside, then maybe I can see that. Not for me though.

slvth

Reaction score
Black Michaels
Paraboot Michael Black | END.

Sad to say I'm going to have to let these go but they're just a little too big.

jgotttz

Reaction score
Black Michaels
Paraboot Michael Black | END.

Sad to say I'm going to have to let these go but they're just a little too big.
What are you usually in shoe size? I'm typically a US11 / 45eu and wondering if these would suit me

slvth

Reaction score
What are you usually in shoe size? I'm typically a US11 / 45eu and wondering if these would suit me

I'm an 11.5 brannock and I usually wear 45eu, UK10 in Docs, 11.5-12 in Vans, 12 in most Nikes. Although seems like as I age my feet are getting shorter and wider :p

ricebomb

Reaction score
Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked ad nauseum, but wanted to get any feedback on how much eventual stretch can be expected with the Paraboot Chambords over time based on personal experience? I bought two sizes with the intention of returning one of them, one a bit more on the snug side with the toes a bit compact at the front, and one more on the "looser" side with just a tad bit of space at the heel when walking. Would appreciate any responses!

krudsma

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in with my fit experience on the Michaels. I bought a 44.5 last year and probably would have returned them for being too snug if I hadn't already tried the 45 around the house for a day and found them too loose. When I'm standing still, my big toe just barely touches the front of the shoe. When you are walking around in them it feels like your feet are going to be in immense pain within an hour, but I swear I've worn these things all over town, biked in them, and they are indeed comfortable. But yes, there is zero stretch length-wise. If they feel genuinely tight, size up.

Rookoobay

Reaction score
close to getting these, but I'm worried what might happen between them and my yuketen leopard boots...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 12.13.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 12.13.54 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 324

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads