• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Heschung Thuya VS Paraboot Michael - the ultimate shoedown for some ugly shoes (sizing, style, etc).

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of "ugly shoes" at Massimo Dutti, at a very reasonable price. Made in Portugal, they are perfect for my rotation and how I intend to use them

They do have the same model in other colors and materials.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Paris and was noticing a fair amount of Para Michaels and other makers/ versions out on the streets. A funny mix of younger kids and stylish old Parisian men. Paraboots have long been my go-to casual shoe but I always thought the Michaels were too ugly, but I've come around.

John_Dunn

Reaction score
They're ugly but for a Parisian winter, practical. Cofortable, great grip on wet pavement, bellows toungue if it's really wet. Brush them off and they're good as new.

Just got back from a trip to Paris and was noticing a fair amount of Para Michaels and other makers/ versions out on the streets. A funny mix of younger kids and stylish old Parisian men. Paraboots have long been my go-to casual shoe but I always thought the Michaels were too ugly, but I've come around.
20211209_080744.jpg

asaa1000

Reaction score

florent

Reaction score
Michaels are super trendy in Paris right now. There has even been a recent newspaper article stating Paraboot could barely keep up with the demand

MaE

Reaction score

I guess that this is the article you’re talking about?!

What I find interesting in it is that they say that Paraboot can barely keep up with the demand because the demand itself is very high but also because there are a quite a few workers that have left the company because they were able to find other slightly better paid jobs in the Grenoble area (where Paraboot and it’s factory is now located). The article also mentions that the company is looking to open a second production line since 2017 but that it’s hard/impossible to find the right people to operate it.

It will be interesting to see if, how and when the company will be able to solve these problems in the future.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.