• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Heschung Thuya VS Paraboot Michael - the ultimate shoedown for some ugly shoes (sizing, style, etc).

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aren't you of the "any ensemble which isn't a suit requires a patterned shirt" school of thought anyway?
Even suits :)

I'll wear striped shirts with suits 75% of the time, then graph checks 15% and solid shirts the other 10% (don't quote me for accuracy)

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
@troika i don't know what you will do with 15 pairs, i've got Michaels for more than 20 years and i can't get rid of them, these things are built like a Sherman Tank.
paraboots.JPG

On the ugly shoes subject i really dig my Mephisto Rainbows
rainbow 2.jpg
Rainbow tabacco.jpg
I used to hate Mephisto.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Rainbows, n°1 shoes among the active seniors crowd (nature walks and museum visits with a side of beer garden or some Riesling) so you know they're comfy. To be paired with greige or khaki poly-wool slacks (straight leg, full break), a polo+multipocket vest on top and bucket hat to keep things authentic

Perfection

550x424.jpg

Bonus point for reminding me of old skate shoes with extra wide lacing

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently donated my black Rainbows. Liked them, but found the lacing sort of annoying (and the laces often wore out) and they fit a bit too high volume. They looked best with wide full break cords.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I prefer the suede colored ones, they look a bit less Ol’timer style. And some really nice colours.

Mercurio

Reaction score
Aren't Wallabies shoes and boots in this "ugly shoes" category?

I know that the crepe sole gives them a different character and their construction isn't intended for mountaineering, but they are very similar in design terms.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.