• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Heschung Thuya VS Paraboot Michael - the ultimate shoedown for some ugly shoes (sizing, style, etc).

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I used to hate Tyroleans and one day, saw a friend wearing a new pair with Antwerp 6/Belgian style relaxed wool slacks and everything clicked. I'm not into the wilder offerings but a nice pair in black or brown leather has its place (I don't own any myself but wouldn't mind).

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also no annoying label tab on the outside of the shoe like Paraboot.
Kinda funny thing to complain about, since it takes almost the same amount of time to fix with a craft knife, as it did to write your post.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ruined by the annoying label tab !

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m not really sure what the analogy is here... something that everyone has in their closet but never wears because they have a million better options? I’m not sure that applies to tyrolean shoes 🤔

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not really sure what the analogy is here... something that everyone has in their closet but never wears because they have a million better options? I’m not sure that applies to tyrolean shoes 🤔
Haha I didn't realize this would be controversial. As an American of a certain age, there are few things better to me than a blue oxford. Boring, but just right. Of course, they are not ubiquitous in the same way.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know. I’m just joking around. But it’s also true that I’ll almost always reach for something more exciting over the blue OCBDs in my closet.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I know. I’m just joking around. But it’s also true that I’ll almost always reach for something more exciting over the blue OCBDs in my closet.
Aren't you of the "any ensemble which isn't a suit requires a patterned shirt" school of thought anyway?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy