• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hertling Trousers

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Has anyone had recent experiences ordering trousers from Hertling? I though they may be a good option for affordable trousers with side adjusters but I've read some very poor reviews on their customer service both on this forum and in their Google reviews. I hope they have got their act together as I would like to support a made in USA small business if I can.

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Has anyone had recent experiences ordering trousers from Hertling? I though they may be a good option for affordable trousers with side adjusters but I've read some very poor reviews on their customer service both on this forum and in their Google reviews. I hope they have got their act together as I would like to support a made in USA small business if I can.
Sorry to report that it's been over 48 hours since I emailed Hertling with a general inquiry about their trousers and have not received any response. In the same timeframe I've received three promotional emails from them. I really want to give this company a chance but if they can't even respond to an email I have low confidence that all the bad reviews regarding customer service and undelivered orders are anomalies.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what exactly is your concern? You're speaking in the abstract about "giving them a chance".

There's plenty of options out there, however if you're romanticizing doing business with Hertling then go for it.

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
what exactly is your concern? You're speaking in the abstract about "giving them a chance".

There's plenty of options out there, however if you're romanticizing doing business with Hertling then go for it.

See also their Google reviews. Few if any criticisms on the quality but there are lots of "I paid $$$ and not only did I never receive my purchase but they rarely if ever respond to email inquiries." Lots of people saying they had to do credit card charge backs. Which other option would you recommend?

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Seems they're closing up shop:

We say good bye for now,
from the current ownership.

Inspired by Mr. Julius Hertling's
Brooklyn heritage of manufacturing, and his father Mr. Morris Hertling's industrial pioneering,
the legacy of Hertling as we know it
closes a chapter.

Here's your chance to purchase the
remaining inventory.

EVERY MUST GO up to 75% off

*All sales go directly to the Hertling manufacturing team as we say thank you and good bye to them.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I went to their website. They still want like $150 for trousers. I have a pair of their khakis that I paid $10 for (from luxeswap)... I can't say I have seen anything from them worth $150 let alone the $300 original price but what do I know.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sign of the times I guess. Too many people dress in sweatpants or those awful drawstring waist office pents, and I guess Hertling was too slow to make the transition, combined with what must be high labor costs in a major metropolitan location and supply chain snags left and right. Sad to see them go as they really did make a fine product at a reasonable price (mind you, last time I bought them was a few years back through Epaulet), and hope the workers land on their feet.

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I heard, they had a number of loans that needed to be repaid and didn't have the money to do so. In fact, I asked if it was a lack of orders and I heard that they actually had plenty and not enough labor (in the end there were only 4-5 employees in MA instead of the 2 dozen or so 5 years ago in NY).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads