• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hertling MTO Experience

yungchomsky

Reaction score
So, yesterday I received the first pair from the 2-for-1 MTO order I had originally placed on 8/7. I expected to receive only one pair at first so I could make sure the fit was right before moving forward with the 2nd. However, in their email a few weeks ago, Hertling offered to throw in a pair of chinos since the order took 3 months rather than 3 weeks; those didn't end up being sent.

I got the super 130s hopsack and they seem good overall, but I'm unsure about one aspect of the fit -- what's with the way the pleats stay open? Seems a little odd. I emailed Hertling but haven't heard from them yet, any thoughts?

IMG_4708.jpg IMG_4709.jpg IMG_4712.jpg

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, yesterday I received the first pair from the 2-for-1 MTO order I had originally placed on 8/7. I expected to receive only one pair at first so I could make sure the fit was right before moving forward with the 2nd. However, in their email a few weeks ago, Hertling offered to throw in a pair of chinos since the order took 3 months rather than 3 weeks; those didn't end up being sent.

I got the super 130s hopsack and they seem good overall, but I'm unsure about one aspect of the fit -- what's with the way the pleats stay open? Seems a little odd. I emailed Hertling but haven't heard from them yet, any thoughts?

View attachment 1278948 View attachment 1278957 View attachment 1278961

That's how they make their pleats I guess. So far, they held up well for me and helped with how the fabric drapes on the front.

ASNY2VA

Reaction score

That's how they make their pleats I guess. So far, they held up well for me and helped with how the fabric drapes on the front.

It's nice to see people are receiving their orders-I'm still waiting on mine from early August. The example pictures of pleats they have on their site seem pretty similar to yours, so that may be their style as you said.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the pleats aren't "staying open". The creased edge of the pleat has to rotate from being parallel and flat against your body at the waistband to being perpendicular to your leg and form the crease. Nothing irregular here. They hang better than a lot of pleats pictured on SF.
To minimize this rotation to be more subtle you need a fuller thigh/leg.

lemmy127

Reaction score
Anyone else still waiting for theirs? I'm going to try to get a response with one last email and then if I hear nothing (again), then I'm going to initiate a chargeback.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
I placed an order via the 2-for-1 deal and specified the details of the first pair on August 7. I received that pair on November 12. I specified the 2nd pair on November 14 and I'm still waiting for it, haven't received a reply to my request for an ETA either. I'm happy with how the first pair fits and I'm sure the 2nd will arrive eventually, but the process has definitely been kind of a bummer.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
has anyone bought their RTW as suppose to MTO trouser, want to see if I'll be facing a customer service or it's going to be black hole waiting forever...

dynemacron

Reaction score
has anyone bought their RTW as suppose to MTO trouser, want to see if I'll be facing a customer service or it's going to be black hole waiting forever...
So I bought their RTW and received the orders within a week. They didn't send me shipping confirmation. This happened a couple times (over the summer for their super discounted ones [two separate orders]). I ended up getting a pair that were not great for me (the color on the site was inaccurate in my opinion) and Justin took care of it by offering to have them make me a free MTO pair for the price I paid for the super discounted pair. It took a few months to receive that MTO pair. Overall though, I am satisfied with Justin's responsiveness, though, the wait is a killer.

I did just order from them two RTW and another MTO for their flash sale, and I have the feeling Justin is going to wait until the MTO is finished and just send everything at once. This might have been a mistake on my part since by the time the wools get shipped, they might be unwearable because of the weather.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
This might have been a mistake on my part since by the time the wools get shipped, they might be unwearable because of the weather.

Yeah, what I've found out is you apparently need to order for the opposite of the current season because that's when you'll receive it :(

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so has anyone got communication from them? no word for a week...

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent an email about a month ago asking some questions, did not get any response. Not sure I feel confident placing my next order for MTO sport chinos... :confused2:

Can anyone share their experience with Hertling sport chinos?

lemmy127

Reaction score
I threatened a chargeback in a comment replying to their Reddit account about two weeks ago. They replied asking about my order number via private message and I replied with it. After another week of nothing, I asked about it on there again, and I got a shipping notification a few hours later. Two days ago I got an email from Justin saying that the pants on the way to me are someone else's, and to send them back with the prepaid label provided. Then he'd ship mine and offered a free pair or two as compensation for this whole mess. I haven't picked them up from the CVS they're being held at yet.

I want to like them and buy from them, but damn, they make it hard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads