• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hertling MTO Experience

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We were tempted by the “$”... and CC charge back insurance policy of course...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t know the situation with epaulet these days but at least in the past I would go epaulet instead of hertling.

though if they still make for bunch retailer then just wait for those guy go on sale and buy in stock item.

I was simply tempted by the price, at their retail sooo many choices (ROTA/PT01/Incotex all reachable with discount).

Also I probably just can’t tell because I have no idea who makes for Polo mainline trouser these days but at least until a few years ago (ie post switch out from Corneliani) it was still very good and fit is just spot on for me (slim but not too slim and a lot with side tab these days).

if Polo higher end dress trouser (but none Purple Label stuff as their pricing has just gotten ridiculous) goes on deeper discount more often (and still have my size in stock) I would probably just buy that

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terrible justification.....

I just wanted people to know that Hertling isn't a bad company. They just need some help to straighten out delivery time and communications. It's not easy running a business that went bankrupt before.

Like @clee1982 mentioned, you can ask for a refund if you aren't happy.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well just to be clear I wasn’t just going to charge back randomly, that was an insurance policy in case they end up not delivering the pants...

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok...........seems like this is Denial Central High with no indication of holding Hertling accountable :brick:

Enjoy posting more headaches with this company who is somehow the victim in all this :lurk:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wanted people to know that Hertling isn't a bad company. They just need some help to straighten out delivery time and communications. It's not easy running a business that went bankrupt before.

Hertling isn’t a “bad” company, if you equate “bad” to some sort of evil or malice. I don’t think, and nobody really does, that there’s malicious intent in their negligence. They are, however, a terribly run, poorly administered, pathetically organized, and inexcusably neglectful company. I think that difference is worth clarifying.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hertling isn’t a “bad” company, if you equate “bad” to some sort of evil or malice. I don’t think, and nobody really does, that there’s malicious intent in their negligence. They are, however, a terribly run, poorly administered, pathetically organized, and inexcusably neglectful company. I think that difference is worth clarifying.

I agree with that. They really need an overhaul of their customer service/support team.

I wasn't agreeing with people who never bought anything from them and just spreading "they are a bad company, why do people spend their money there?" without giving any reason.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with that. They really need an overhaul of their customer service/support team.

I wasn't agreeing with people who never bought anything from them and just spreading "they are a bad company, why do people spend their money there?" without giving any reason.
I own Hertling products but I don't need to give any reason as to my conclusion when there are already 7 pages of negative posts to do that for me.........

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When did the company go bankrupt? I don’t believe it ever filed for bankruptcy.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their one-day "FLASH" sale is still going on 28 days later... Based on this thread, they were already very much behind in terms of production timelines prior to starting this sale. So, why start a sale that will drastically increase demands on production when you're already behind your given timeframes?

If this was done to acquire new customers, they've done this so, so poorly, as I doubt many will choose to place second orders after this experience. At the time I placed my order, they were quoting 2-4 days for fulfillment. Again, I've received nothing (in terms of communication or product) 28 days later. A simple email that explained these delays to everyone awaiting orders--even one that was sent to these customers as a group--would have gone a long way, and would have saved them a great deal of time in not having their inbox flooded with multiple inquiries by individual customers. That they didn't do this indicates a total lack of direction.

As they're alienating customers by the dozen, a rational conclusion could be that the sale is still ongoing 28 days later (with no orders from the sale yet fulfilled so far as I can tell) because they need quick capital. If that's the case, then the purpose of these orders is not so much to provide product to customers as to keep things running--to essentially fund previous orders.

Like the posters above, I sympathize with the difficulty of trying to make a venture like Hertling work in current market conditions. I don't attribute any malice to their intentions either. They're just trying to keep going. That said, the situation I've described above (which I concede might misconstrue the reality of the situation and is only my reading of events) tends to end in collapse. This way of doing business seems unsustainable. Which is unfortunate. And I do, of course, wish everyone at Hertling the best in hoping I'm entirely off-base.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Well said. More or less what I have been speculating as to. It’s a tough business and I want to wish them the best - but I’m unable to keep doing business with them under the circumstances.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads